Can not see removable disk drives when connected to PC

Techifan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the A129 Plus Duo (16GB eMMC) version using the latest firmware V1.8 20220927. When connecting the supplied short USB Data Cable to my PC the ‘microSD card reader Mode’ is displayed on the A129 screen. However file explorer does not open to show any removable disk drives. If I remove the SD Card and repeat the process file explorer shows the 16 GB internal memory as a removable disk drive and I can play video files. Could any other users of the 16GB eMMC version confirm if they can see both the 16GB internal memory and the SD card as two separate removable disk drives.

Hi, regarding my previous post above.
Could someone from VIOFO Support (or anyone) please advise me on how to view SD card video files on my computer as I would like the ability and convenience of not having to remove the card from my camera. Thanks.

Hi, regarding my previous post above.
Could someone from VIOFO Support (or anyone) please advise me on how to view SD card video files on my computer as I would like the ability and convenience of not having to remove the card from my camera. Thanks.
We have tested with firmware V1.8 20220927 and confirmed that you can access both the files on 16G EMMC and the SD card at the same time with the short data cable. Here is the test video: https://we.tl/t-0KaGS8FDxx

We have tested with firmware V1.8 20220927 and confirmed that you can access both the files on 16G EMMC and the SD card at the same time with the short data cable. Here is the test video: https://we.tl/t-0KaGS8FDxx
Thank you for your reply and the test video.
I see that you are using a low capacity SD card for your test.
I am using a 256MB SD card so I replaced my 256MB card with a smaller 128MB card. I could then see both the 16G EMMC and the 128MB SD card at the same time. Therefore, I would appreciate it if could you please repeat your test using a 256MB SD card. Thank you.

Last edited:
Back