Can you do manual recording with the 1.009 firmware?

deputydog95

Reaction score
Country
United States
If I touch the side of the camera near the wifi light, I thought it was supposed to initiate manual recording.

When I hit using 1.009, it say voice recording active or voice recording inactive.

What's that about?

A "finger" close to the non-plug side toggles voice recording. There is no "manual" recording as it is recording all the time while it is powered on. The only way I know to activate a "create event" (1 to 3 minutes of video that does not get over written).. is to snap the windshield visor. Mine snaps back with enough of a shock to activate the event mode.

So if you were wanting to have a private conversation you'd toggle voice recording off? Is that the point?

I've heard other people say they tap the camera pretty hard to initiate an event. Thought maybe there was an easier way but I guess not.

So if you were wanting to have a private conversation you'd toggle voice recording off? Is that the point?

I've heard other people say they tap the camera pretty hard to initiate an event. Thought maybe there was an easier way but I guess not.
I.. keep the voice recorder off all the time. I have thought that if I get pulled over by the police I would turn it on.. but likely would forget.
Should I encounter a situation that is worth creating an event for the better way would be to pull the SD card and transfer the data. Keep an extra SD card in the vehicle if you are concerned about overwriting the data.

Not a bad idea. Downloading it to your phone via the app is pretty easy as well. I haven't checked but I assume it's the same file time so you could probably pull it off your phone at a later date and view in the software. Which seems easier than taking the SD card in and out.

Not a bad idea. Downloading it to your phone via the app is pretty easy as well. I haven't checked but I assume it's the same file time so you could probably pull it off your phone at a later date and view in the software. Which seems easier than taking the SD card in and out.
Depends.. a lot on your phone and technical knowledge.. does not seem as easy as pulling the SD card to most folk.. or as fast

Depends.. a lot on your phone and technical knowledge.. does not seem as easy as pulling the SD card to most folk.. or as fast

At least on my phone, I simply plug it in and it acts like a USB drive. Simply navigate to the folder that contains the file you're looking for and copy it to your PC. I do it pretty regularly. BV appears to have put the videos in the camera file on my phone, same place the pics go.

Handling that tiny little card all the time can't be good for it.

Back