Cannot activate parking mode from power bank

taaatooo

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I am happy to join the DashCamTalk community! After seeing many reviews, I decided to purchase the Viofo A229 pro 1-CH camera.
Since I drive a hybrid car, I don't want to use the ACC adapter Viofo Hardwire Kit.
My power bank is: Baseus 30000 mAh 20W
After connecting the camera, it starts recording while driving.
Unfortunately, the parking mode does not activate, neither automatically after 5 or 10 or even 15 minutes, nor manually when I hold down the Mic button and the parking mode icon appears. I have tried setting various parking mode options: Event Detection, Low Bitrate. None of these modes work. The camera records all the time in the standard way it does when driving.
I am running out of ideas on how to activate the parking mode.
I should add that before buying the A229 pro I tested the A119 Mini 2 on the same power bank and there were no problems with activation and recording in parking mode.
My current firmware on the A229 pro camera: V1.3_240612.
I am using the original USB cable that came with the camera.
GPS in parking mode enabled or disabled - I tested both options.

I tested another power bank - unfortunately, the problem with activating the parking mode still exists.
Any ideas ?

I am happy to join the DashCamTalk community!
Welcome :)

I should add that before buying the A229 pro I tested the A119 Mini 2 on the same power bank and there were no problems with activation and recording in parking mode.
I am not sure if this feature is supported by the A229 Pro, I don't remember anyone talking about it, and I don't have one to test.

Normally, everyone that wants parking mode uses the hardwire kit, but you want parking mode to activate on lack of movement?

@VIOFO-Support should be able to tell us if this is a feature on the A229 Pro ... and maybe get it added if it is not there.

All in all, it doesn't matter much to me whether the parking mode is activated automatically or manually via menu selection and the available 90-second delay.
Unfortunately, in my car I have a problem with the battery, which can discharge and immobilize the car. The service department claims that the battery is in good working order ...
Therefore, I am looking for a power source other than the 12V battery.
As I mentioned when I tested the A119 Mini 2, I was able to activate the parking mode without any problem, I thought that in the A229 Pro I will be able to achieve the same effect and use the proven capacious power banks.

All in all, it doesn't matter much to me whether the parking mode is activated automatically or manually via menu selection and the available 90-second delay.
Unfortunately, in my car I have a problem with the battery, which can discharge and immobilize the car. The service department claims that the battery is in good working order ...
Therefore, I am looking for a power source other than the 12V battery.
As I mentioned when I tested the A119 Mini 2, I was able to activate the parking mode without any problem, I thought that in the A229 Pro I will be able to achieve the same effect and use the proven capacious power banks.
The A229Pro can enter the parking mode after 5 minutes of inactivity(we have done tests about this), please make sure that you use the original charger cable that came with the camera.

@VIOFO-Support,
thank you for the verification and confirmation.

Unfortunately, in no way can I activate the parking mode, neither automatically after 5 minutes nor manually via the menu (Time Laps 5 seconds or Low Bitrate or Event Detection mode).
No matter what I would set the camera always records in the same way as it is set for normal driving, for example 3840x1600 @30 fps interval 5 minutes.
I use the original USB cable included in the package with the camera to connect to the power bank.
Perhaps there is some special procedure to activate the parking mode, and I have no idea how to do it anymore.
I would appreciate your help in solving the problem, because I am very satisfied with the quality of this camera, but I would like to be able to use all its functions.

The A229Pro can enter the parking mode after 5 minutes of inactivity(we have done tests about this), please make sure that you use the original charger cable that came with the camera.

Problem solved. :cool:

Thanks to the fact that you confirmed the possibility of power from the power bank, I did some more tests and finally found the correct procedure for activating the parking mode.
Unfortunately, powering from a power bank is a non-standard option and it required the following steps:

1. Setting the appropriate parking mode (Time Laps or Low Bitrate or Event Detection) - once it is set, the parking mode icon appears (this is not yet activation).
2. Turn off the camera and disconnect the USB cable from the power bank (this is a key and very important step).
3. Reconnect the USB cable to the power bank.
4. The camera starts up and automatically turns on standard recording.
5. After 5 minutes, the parking mode is activated.
6. To stop recording requires pressing the REC button and turning off the camera (restart). Parking mode cannot be deactivated in any other way.

Back