Cannot connect wireless on 322GW to Google Pixel 6 phone

geekay46

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. New member here.

I've just upgraded to a new NextBase 322GW dash cam but am having trouble getting a wi-fi connection sorted on my Google Pixel 6 phone. I've been through so many discussions with similar problems.

I'm pretty sure it's nothing stupid I'm doing (probably is!!) as I have managed to connect my Samsung tablet perfectly.

The last thing I tried was to reconnect both of them side by side. I removed all traces of software from both tablet and phone and reverted 322 GW back to default telling it to forget everything from previous tries.

With the dash cam switched off, I installed the software on both phone and tablet and went through identical procedures on them both to set it up to the point where it tries to find a dash cam. I then powered off the phone and proceeded to connect the tablet which was 100% successful.

I then set dash cam back to default as before and powered off the tablet. Then I proceeded to try to connect the phone, this goes fine until I get the message "Wi-Fi Connection in Progress. Please wait. MyNextBase Connect will establish a High Speed Wi-Fi connection with your Dash Cam." Here it just hangs and hangs and hangs ..............

I know this all seems rather garbled, but I think it indicates that the software is working fine, I'm probably doing the right thing but something in the Google Pixel 6 is causing the problem. Has anyone managed to connect the app to a Pixel phone and if so has any idea what I may be doing wrong.

I am prepared to just use the tablet as that is working fine; however I don't like to be beaten!!

Many thanks

Actually, you make good point here, my 622GW never connected to my older Pixel 5 and now my Pixel 8 doesn't connect either, but I don't think I've actually tried my Galaxy Tab Ultra Tablet to see if that connects. I'm going to try that tomorrow.

Sounds like you are doing nothing wrong. If you look at the official Nextbase video on how to connect your Nextbase dashcam to a mobile phone, it's a doddle, but they have never, as far as I have read/seen admitted that they have a software issue and it's been like this for years....hence my decision that the 622GW will be my last Nextbase Dashcam. You will see on this Forum, no Nextbase employee will reply or stick their neck out on this topic.

And I don't think it's a Google pixel issue, because I read LOADS of people who cannot connect and just never try it anymore and they either take the dashcam or SD card and connect it directly to a laptop or PC, but this may not always be possible .

It's the one and only think I totally hate about my Nextbase dashcam.

Actually, you make good point here, my 622GW never connected to my older Pixel 5 and now my Pixel 8 doesn't connect either, but I don't think I've actually tried my Galaxy Tab Ultra Tablet to see if that connects. I'm going to try that tomorrow.

Sounds like you are doing nothing wrong. If you look at the official Nextbase video on how to connect your Nextbase dashcam to a mobile phone, it's a doddle, but they have never, as far as I have read/seen admitted that they have a software issue and it's been like this for years....hence my decision that the 622GW will be my last Nextbase Dashcam. You will see on this Forum, no Nextbase employee will reply or stick their neck out on this topic.

And I don't think it's a Google pixel issue, because I read LOADS of people who cannot connect and just never try it anymore and they either take the dashcam or SD card and connect it directly to a laptop or PC, but this may not always be possible .

It's the one and only think I totally hate about my Nextbase dashcam.

As I said, I hate to be beaten. Thought I'd have a go at connecting to my wife's Samsung A15. First time, complete success, all running as expected. Tried again on Pixel 6, exactly the same steps as for the A15, still won't connect. It's got to be a problem with the Google Pixel, not going to waste any more time.

I just recently experienced this again with my Pixel 5. I had had the some trouble the first time I tried connect a year or so ago. Made it work but then sometime down the line the connection just plain stopped working. My Pixel would no longer see the camera. Deleted the connection and tried to connect again. But nothing worked.

Finally I made it work as follows

First I found and followed NextBase's "forget everything" instructions they have here : https://support.nextbase.com/hc/en-... app, if,your phone (turn it off and back on).

One extra step I added in there (just to be sure) was to update all my other pixel apps after I uninstalled NextBase Connect and before I re-installed it.

But even after all this, it did not work. It just wasn't connecting.

Oddly, both before I tried this and after, I had no trouble actually pairing the camera from my Pixel's BlueTooth settings page. It's just that after pairing it would still not connect.

I was about to give up. But as a last resort, I rebooted my pixel. Tried to connect in the app. Still didn't work. Finally I manually paired BlueTooth again and went back to NextBase Connect. At last, the page that had been showing me an endless spinning wheel when trying to connect finally found the camera and I could connect to it.

So who knows how long this will continue to work? But for now it works

Back