Cannot get my new MT1 to connect to my phone, but it is recording as I can look at the video by moving the SD Card to my PC. Any ideas?

ScreamingZebra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, this is long because I don't want to miss anything useful.

I own a new VIOFO MT1 Motorcycle Dash Cam and I cannot get it to connect to my phone. Please advise, details below.

I purchased my MT1 on the 9th of December 2022 and received it on the 11th. I purchased it from Amazon and the seller was MycrocamUK. I paid £229.99. It has been stored unopened indoors until last weekend, when on Saturday 18th of February 2023 I finally started to install it on my 2011 Kawasaki ZZR 1400.

The camera system is now installed, and it records video through the only installed camera so far, the front camera, perfectly. I can see the videos by removing the SD card and viewing them on my PC.

I have upgraded the firmware to version FWMT1A.bin which was downloaded directly from https://viofo.com/content/76-MT1-support/.

However I cannot connect to the Wi-Fi to manage the MT1 via my smartphone.

I turn on the ignition, and the two LEDs on the remote unit both start flashing immediately. The red to indicate recording and the blue to indicate Wi-Fi is available but not connected.
My smartphone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. I have no problems with it, it works well. The latest version of your VIOFO dash cam app is installed.
I stand near the motorcycle.
I turn on the ignition activating the MT1. Both lights flash as described earlier.
I open the Wi-Fi controls on the phone. Although the blue light is flashing I do not see the VIOFO wifi yet.
I short press the Wi-Fi button and now I can see the Wi-Fi.
I connect, and enter the default password of 12345678.
After a short time my phone tells me I am connected to the VIOFO Wi-Fi with no internet connection. I accept this and continue.
However, the blue light on the MT1 continues to flash, it does not become a steady light.
When I try to connect to the MT1 via your app it cannot connect and sends me to the system menu.

I have used the reset button by holding it down for a period of 10 seconds, stopping all lights from flashing. This has made no difference. I tried connecting my wife's phone, another Samsung, to the bikes MT1 and I couldn't get it to connect either.

We also have a car and the car has a VIOFO A 129 Pro Duo mounted in it. I tried both phones on the car's A129 and they both connected quickly and easily. Either I am doing something wrong with the connection or there may be a fault. Anyone suffered something similar?

Quick follow up, it's fixed.
Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

The fault was the fact that I didn't have the rear camera plugged in, that's all. Nowhere in the documentation does it say that BOTH have to be plugged in, I assumed the rear to be optional. I was going to do it later anyway but I wanted to test the unit before I spent too many hours tucking wiring away inside secret spaces!

Relief.

If anyone wants to know what the install looks like, so far, I have a photo album.

SZ.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D MT1 14
Back