Can't see clips on the app

RobMillward

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 612gw has been replaced a few times by Nextbase, the last time was just out of warranty, it's been appearing to work fine but...for the first time since I've had this one, I tried yesterday to view an incident that happened an hour earlier. Connected to my phone ok but would not show any clips. Downloaded the app to my iPad, connected ok but the same, no clips. Each time I had to press the reset button on the dash cam in order to exit WiFi mode too.
Luckily the incident was not an accident, this high end dash cam has had its last chance with me.

I found the 1 series app doesn't work the best tbf especially with the 612's huge files even with my 312 it was a pretty poor app. Did you try viewing them on a PC/Laptop via the USB cable or SD Card itself?

No I haven't tried that, the previous 3 cameras that have been changed under warranty all worked fine with the app, I'll pull the card & see what can be seen. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've put the card in my laptop & it will play clips but....... I can't find a way to view all of the stored clips, I can get a file list which is next to useless, if I click on videos it just displays a generic icon rather than the first frame of the clip,
This is using Windows media player, do I need something else?

I've put the card in my laptop & it will play clips but....... I can't find a way to view all of the stored clips, I can get a file list which is next to useless, if I click on videos it just displays a generic icon rather than the first frame of the clip,
This is using Windows media player, do I need something else?
Change the view to large icons instead of details

Thanks, I've just found a Nextbase programme for the laptop, it seems to be a bit more user friendly. Can now see what I'm lookingfor.

Often best to use one of the video viewer programs and read directly from the SD card. This method seems to work well with every cam, and some viewers are now made specifically for dashcams and have some very sophisticated features designed specifically for our video needs.

Phil

Often best to use one of the video viewer programs and read directly from the SD card.
Not often best Phil. Always best. Big screen making use of the resolution of the dashcam. Not a lot of hassle. What's not to like.

That has worked, thanks for your input, now I know how to do it things will be simpler in the future. I had captured an incident of fly tipping, but didn't press the red button as I was only a few minutes from home. I had to sift through alot of footage to locate the incident.
I've now worked out how the date & time relate to the file number (I know it's pretty obvious once you know......) so I'm back in love with the camera again....for now..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P 612GW 2