Capacity allocation

SuMMoN

Reaction score
Country
Timor-leste
With 30% default setting its only use 60% of available space for normal videos.

It's such a huge waste and greatly reduce recording time, can we decrease this number?

30% is the minimum!

it's something I feel should be changed.
I can understand that you'd always want to be able to save an event file, but why not just delete the oldest file to make room?

I love the B1W, (I own 5) but it has it's faults ;
- G-Sensor triggers really easy. A pothole trips this. I've turned it off in all my cars because I'm not sure what would happen if I actually want to save a file and the 30% is full because of potholes.
- the audio is pretty bad. Can barely hear myself. It's a problem when I try to say a license plate number because the video quality does not guaranty enough clarity to see it

Some limitations are inherent with each chipset and the SDK, so to get less than 30% could require making essentially a whole new cam. I'm happy with running a 128GB card as a work-around as they're relatively cheap ATM. I was getting almost 7 hours regular recording with a 64GB card, haven't really checked the bigger one.

My g-sensor worked perfectly in my smooth-riding minivan but not in the workvan (which rides like the truck it is). Earlier ones had audio issues which I think was improved, but even with all this IMHO it's a great cam for the price and to get much better than this will cost you around twice as much. I'll be getting more for side-cams this spring when I 'finalize' the cam setup in the workvan.

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
neomax71 B1W 23
S B1W 3
Back