Car camera 3/4ch 3g/4g IR/lowlight

Zaiby

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hi,

I am looking for a security camera system for my car, I hope you can guide me in the right direction or suggest a system I can buy in EU.

It should be able to monitor the whole car (font,back.doors) also in night time.
Should be in HD quality and should be able to record few days on motion detection, also auto overwrite when no space left. Cameras shouldn't be too big to mount in a car (shouldn't be in a size like a navigation system). (This is a ok size: http://www.gorbushkin.ru/images/news9-13/registrator_04.jpg)
SDCard size should be 64Gb or bigger.

Would be great if one system handles all cameras.

Optional features:
3G/4G/Wifi connectivity (Save to FTP/NAS)
Watch live from mobilephone (IPCamera)
IR for lowlight
Audio

There is some systems with 3-4 G connectivety, but they are mostly based on regular analog CCTV cameras, these systems are usioally extremely expensive.

I have tried a system like that and its no good for dashcamera use, i now use that 4 channel system in my apartment with 1 camera aimed at my car parked behind the apartment block i live in. ( with IR spot on it too as the yard is dark at night )
The DVR i used do have a RJ45 Network output so i guess it could be made Wireless some way.

IR light is allso of no use, it will just reflect off the inside of the windows and blind the camera, the IR lights on some cameras is a wierd sales gimmik and normally just bright enuff to blind the camera or at best reach as far as the front of the car.

Depending on distance you will need at least a 10 watt IR ermitter, witch is allso what i use from my window on the 2 floor and Down to my car 20 M avay.

Allso please consider that the Danish weather will obscure the Windows for many months of the year when the car is parked, rain - frost - snow will render in car cameras mute.

If you can it will be much better to get 1 1080 P IP camera to cover your car, either mounted close to the car, or with a optical zoom so you cen get a close up of the parked car, and the ppl close to it.
My own camera is zoomed in so i have my Whole car + 2 M on either side of the car ( + front and behind offcourse )

There are some dashcams that do have wifi, mostly meant for use lining the camera up, i doubt there is much range on those outside the car.

Here is a Little footage about my old setup.

Last edited:
Back