Card Suggestion, please

TxDoc

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S
128gb Lexar high performance MHC construction formatted fine, but caused me Viofo A119S to turn off after 30.

Wanted to go to a
Transcend Information 32GB High Endurance microSD Card, but seems like they want $300 on eBay or on Amazon ship from Japan and take weeks to arrive.

I really wanted a128gb card, but since Viofo recommends a 64GBP, I am looking for a64gb card, MLC construction and no SanDisk, not another Lexar.

If a manufacturer warranties the card in a dashcam, would be great, lifetime if possible.

Suggestions are welcome.
THANK you

Are you using the included USB adapter and cable?

Yes. When I remove the card camera reverts neck to normal function, on by itself, beep to indicate no card inside, turns off after key is turned off.

Need to try anther card.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Yes, using OEM cord. When the card is removed, camera functions as it should.

Wanted to go to a
Transcend Information 32GB High Endurance microSD Card, but seems like they want $300 on eBay or on Amazon ship from Japan and take weeks to arrive.

Transcend 64GB 400X works fine with the A119S, been using one for over 2 months without any issues.

Last edited:
In about to order one.
THANK you for your time and help, [emoji4] harsh.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Yeah and the read speed is just as high on the 400x as on the 633x Endurance series ( i have both in use in other cameras )
And the write speed of the 400x is plenty even for a 4K/60 FPS camera

You can't always get what you want and you can't always want what you get. Everything in life is a compromise and dashcams are no different ;) If 128GB cards aren't playing the game nicely you may be limited to 64GB cards- that's still a lot of recording time. And with few card makers warrantying in dashcam use perhaps a better approach is to go with a cheaper card like the Transcend 400X which can be currently had for $30 on Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B016B6AMFY
You can buy a lot of these for the same price that larger more premium featured cards cost with no loss of anything except recording time, and with an almost certainty that these cards will work very well for you
. That compensates for a lack of warranty for many years of usage and IMHO is a more satisfactory approach. Plus it leaves you with no downtime while you await warranty support- just bin the bad one, pop in a new one and go another year or more trouble-free :D

That is what I do and this is the card I do that with. I've had 7 of these cards in several different cams, 2 in use over a year, with never a single card problem. It's a winner and I like winners :cool:

Phil

Back