Cellink B Improvements

Andy Moore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been using a Cellink B with my 650 Dual for many months now.

I really wanted to use Parking Mode with my 650 for extra protection in car parks. Very early on I found the Cellink B was by far the best option although not cheap. Early on I also worked out that the Movement Sensitivity didnt work in parking mode in that it was too sensitive and even at a value of 1 was virtually recording everything so I rely on the G Sensor only in Parking Mode(but set very high).

I also realised that my usual trip to work (20 mins) was not enough to charge the Cellink B to last long enough to cover all day & night.

A solution that has been working brilliantly for me was to put a SWITCH in the lead between the Cellink & the camera (easy) and turn the camera off each night when its sat outside my house.

I've never had to charge the battery fully since.........just something that works for me.

Roll on a Firmware Upgrade to solve the motion detection oversensitivity issue

Thanks for your update Andy.

30 minutes isn´t enough to charge my car. Perhaps a e-car is the only solution. ;)

I only have small commutes at the moment, so I simply charge my unit at work using a 12v charger. Have to say, been pleased with the Cellink to date. Had it 3 months and it's still giving me at least 16 hrs on my 650 dual, for not much more than a hour's charge.

Btw, this is the charger:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00PH4PQ9E

Last edited:
I only have small commutes at the moment, so I simply charge my unit at work using a 12v charger. Have to say, been pleased with the Cellink to date. Had it 3 months and it's still giving me at least 16 hrs on my 650 dual, for not much more than a hour's charge.

Do yours give a sound when its starts to charge?

Mine does and when fully charged (I think)

Do yours give a sound when its starts to charge?

Gives a sort of 'eno' Microsoft sound when turned on with the switch or, I think, when it starts charging in-line when in the car.

Why do you ask?

Gives a sort of 'eno' Microsoft sound when turned on with the switch or, I think, when it starts charging in-line when in the car.

Why do you ask?

Mine also provide a sound when I start it with the built-in switch. But never any sound when charging begins. Strange

Mine also provide a sound when I start it with the built-in switch. But never any sound when charging begins. Strange

Just to clarify, it doesn't give a separate sound when charging as such: simply that when the battery has been drained and begins charging from the ignition, it makes the same sound as when it's first turned on.

Just to clarify, it doesn't give a separate sound when charging as such: simply that when the battery has been drained and begins charging from the ignition, it makes the same sound as when it's first turned on.

Just to clarify. Does it make the same sound every time it is charging from the ignition or is it only when it is fully discharged, it does the sound?

Yes, should have explained better, it makes the sound only when fully discharged. So, it only makes a sound when 'turned' on, not when charging per se.

I made that much more complicated than I needed too, didn't I :)

I thought I'd update since, having just purchased another cellink, I've found that the new one gives out a beep when starting to charge, as well as the ascending tone sound when turning on. My last one didn't beep on charging. So, just for the record, clearly there are slightly different versions out there.

Back