Cellink B & Parking Mode

Andy Moore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been trying out my new Cellink B along with Parking Mode over past few days with standard firmware, I've come to some conclusions:-

1) The Cellink B, whilst very expensive, is a great solution for using in Parking Mode. Mine is also connected to my battery for when the Lithium power of the Cellink B runs out. The more I use it, the more charge the Cellink's battery seems to hold. I can get many, many hours use out of it in Parking Mode. I guess its more suitable for someone that does eg. 1/2hr+ drive into work then leaves it 7-8 hours in a car park as it seems to give more time for the Cellink B to charge up - fabulous bit of kit

2) Motion Detection in Parking Mode just doesn't work - or it works too well. Even at setting 1 with a big card (64Gb) its simply not practical to use as its going off ALL the time (a leaf will set it off) - really needs a firmware fix to sort out the problem.....COME ON BLACKVUE !!!

3) Cellink B & G Sensor (NOT Motion Detection) is a pretty good compromise in Parking Mode but obviously it wont stop some toerag peering into your car before he puts a brick through the window. It's my preferred solution and works well until Blackvue get around to fixing the Motion Detection problem

Just my thoughts....

Back