Cellink Neo 8 to A139 Pro

rycyt

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello,

I recently purchased a new Cellink Neo 8+S and a new Viofo A139 Pro 2CH.

I spliced the Cellink cable and HK3 cables together with some solder splice heat shrink tubes, and tested the cables by connecting everything up. It was to be installed in a new car which I hadn’t taken delivery of then.

I disconnected the cable, and stored it back in the box (still spliced).

A week later, I pick up the car, and when I tried to connect everything up, it no longer works. I tested the Cellink 12V output with the Viofo 12V connector and the dashcam powers on.

I resoldered the connection, once again the A139 didn’t turn on. I’ve got a spare hardwire kit for an A129, and tested it with an A129 from another car. Soldered the Cellink cable and A129 cable, and the A129 wouldn’t turn on. A129 works fine when connected through the 12V cable.

I got a new Cellink cable sent out, and unfortunately the same thing is still happening. Both A139 and A129 wouldn’t power on. I’ve reset the Cellink and the A139, and I’m currently waiting on a new HK3 to get delivered.

Not sure if there’s something else I should be doing? Weird how it worked initially, then after packing the cable back up for a week, it no longer works.

Any help is greatly appreciated, before I splurge AUD$150 on a pre spliced cable from BlackBoxMyCar.

Thanks!

A couple of things to check, but I would assume that you've already confirmed the following is correct/true:
  • Charging power is provided to Cellink Neo 8+S when testing the HK3-C hardwire kit with the A139 Pro 2CH.
    • Only turning on the battery pack with the mode slide switch will only provide power to the constant battery wire/terminal pin.
    • For the battery pack to send accessory power to the A139 Pro (or any hardwire kit), the battery pack must have charging power provided to it.
      • The input charging power for the battery pack is what causes accessory power to be sent to the terminal pin/wire on the "Dashcam Output" connector.
      • If only battery power is provided to the HK3-C (output accessory power is off from the battery pack), the A139 Pro will not power up.
  • Make sure you have the proper wires spliced together from the HK3-C and the dash camera battery pack's "Dashcam Output" cable.
    • The battery packs produced by EGEN (this being one of them) use the following wire colors for the wires that are spliced together with the HK3-C
      • Terminal Pin 1 (Left end of connector)
        • Constant battery power
        • Battery Pack Cable Wire Color = Yellow
        • HK3-C Wire Color = Red **
      • Terminal Pin 2 (2nd from the left end of the connector)
        • Accessory power
        • Battery Pack Cable Wire Color = Red
        • HK3-C Wire Color = Yellow **
      • Terminal Pin 3 (3rd from the left end of the connector)
        • Ground
        • Battery Pack Cable Wire Color = Black
        • HK3-C Wire Color = Black

Picture of BlackboxMyCar Power Cell 8 Terminal Pin Info / DC Out Cable Wire Colors / VIOFO Hardwire Kit Wire Colors

1688971664418.png 1688972292274.png 1688972446252.png

A couple of things to check, but I would assume that you've already confirmed the following is correct/true:
  • Charging power is provided to Cellink Neo 8+S when testing the HK3-C hardwire kit with the A139 Pro 2CH.
    • Only turning on the battery pack with the mode slide switch will only provide power to the constant battery wire/terminal pin.
    • For the battery pack to send accessory power to the A139 Pro (or any hardwire kit), the battery pack must have charging power provided to it.
      • The input charging power for the battery pack is what causes accessory power to be sent to the terminal pin/wire on the "Dashcam Output" connector.
      • If only battery power is provided to the HK3-C (output accessory power is off from the battery pack), the A139 Pro will not power up.
  • Make sure you have the proper wires spliced together from the HK3-C and the dash camera battery pack's "Dashcam Output" cable.
    • The battery packs produced by EGEN (this being one of them) use the following wire colors for the wires that are spliced together with the HK3-C
      • Terminal Pin 1 (Left end of connector)
        • Constant battery power
        • Battery Pack Cable Wire Color = Yellow
        • HK3-C Wire Color = Red **
      • Terminal Pin 2 (2nd from the left end of the connector)
        • Accessory power
        • Battery Pack Cable Wire Color = Red
        • HK3-C Wire Color = Yellow **
      • Terminal Pin 3 (3rd from the left end of the connector)
        • Ground
        • Battery Pack Cable Wire Color = Black
        • HK3-C Wire Color = Black

Picture of BlackboxMyCar Power Cell 8 Terminal Pin Info / DC Out Cable Wire Colors / VIOFO Hardwire Kit Wire Colors

View attachment 66209 View attachment 66211 View attachment 66212
Hey mate,

I do have everything connect correctly (battery - battery, accessory - accessory and ground - ground).

Thanks for the tip on having an input to the battery before the dashcam will turn on. Seems like something I would have missed. Will try it again shortly.

Also, appreciate the really detailed reply!

Have high hopes this should resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Back