CF-100 dead after 5 months

my story is a bit different. i DO use the rear cam. but i tried to modify the mount on the front unit (metal bracket instead of ball/socket). well, my new bracket warped the case enough to allow the front cover to make contact with the heat sink inside. the heat sink got hot enough to actually melt the plastic, which caused the vent holes to melt closed. suddenly there was no ventilation, so it overheated and died. then i bought a used 2ch setup from someone here on the forum. i left all the old parts (cables, power cord, mount, rear cam) in the car and just swapped in the main unit. everything's been fine since, so that's why i have a spare rear cam.
I see. I asked our tech to disassemble my rear cam and per his opinion (I'm not very savvy at this) it looks like the video chip got fried and one of the possibilities is overheating. There are a few vents on the housing of the camera and I have 5% tint on the back window, but considering TX heat and that my car is seating on an open parking M-F, it could've overheat the camera. My front unit is getting very hot too, but so far (knocking on wood) it keeps rolling. I think I gonna drill a few additional holes in the housing right below and above the chip board when I get a new camera to allow the air to go through the housing.

The CF-100 lacks overheat protection. Eg. The CPU in your everyday laptop or desktop will prevent itself from overheating by slowing itself down or even shutting off altogether if need be. The CF-100 has no such capability, it just keeps going regardless of what damage might be being done. There are cameras out there which do have overheating protection, might be worth thinking about the next time you buy a dashcam.

From what I have been reading does the CH-200 have heat protection?

Noob here. been looking around for a while and was really undecided between what compromises I could take considering my budget right now, $200 was really the top top end. Finally decided on the 100B. I of course didn't see these posts until after I ordered (and heat resistance and protection) was a concern as I live in Dallas . I may have to poke holes on the back unit (this will prob break the warranty). Is there another comparible 2ch product that has better heat protection? Thanks guys!

Last edited:
From what I have been reading does the CH-200 have heat protection?
Stay away from Ch200.. bad camera

1. Restarting random
2. Video quality is like 0.3 pixels
3. No email support from blacksys at all
4. Video have horizontal lines and motion is triggered all the time
Way to expensive for this bad camera

Back