CH-100B first impressions?

polterzeitgeist

Reaction score
Country
United States
Niko has already indicated he's got a CH-100B in hand and is working on one of his excellent in-depth reviews.

I wonder whether anyone's also got one and willing to share impressions, however brief. There are few reviews of any substance, zero Amazon reviews (not even paid/fake ones!) and precious few videos. So, I'm looking for any feedback at all. I'd be more patient, but I'm shopping for my wife's birthday and the CH-100B is, on paper, just right.

By the way, I'm happy to redact this post if it's discouraged here. I'm a newcomer and I recognize that there's no shortage of "I've heard X is great -- what do others think?" coming from people who've only got surface information -- actually, that's exactly what I'm doing.

i am also a new member and looking forward to seeing this review. right now i'm considering the cf-100 but want to see how this review turns out first. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
you can turn the g-sensor off completely in the settings part of the blacksys player app. hmm... i wonder if that will also empty out the event folder from all its dummy/placeholder files... but probably not. you can always press the emergency button to lock a file and put it in the event folder.

Hi all , I have purchased and hard wired installed the blacksys ch100b . I have updated to the latest firmware to ca15 as well. Pardon me for being a noob but I am not sure why mine keep switching from parking mode to driving mode every time I take off from a traffic light junction . Shouldn't it be on constant recording till I turn off the car then it switch to parking mode ? Any tips please advise

Cheers

Hi all , I have purchased and hard wired installed the blacksys ch100b . I have updated to the latest firmware to ca15 as well. Pardon me for being a noob but I am not sure why mine keep switching from parking mode to driving mode every time I take off from a traffic light junction . Shouldn't it be on constant recording till I turn off the car then it switch to parking mode ? Any tips please advise

Cheers
You're right it should only go to parking mode when you turn off the key, not just when you come to a stop. What make\model is it? Does it have that new tech where it stops the engine when you brake to a stop? Which circuits did you tap into for the hard wire? Should have been 3 wires. Are you certain that the one you tapped for acc actually stays hot 100% of the time the key is on?

Also what is your parking delay set to? I have mine at 3 minutes, but even while idling in a parking spot for 10 mins, it doesn't go into parking mode.

Are you sure the CH-100B uses 3 wires for power? I thought it was the same as the CF-100, which is power and ground only. According to Niko's review, it uses the G sensor to trigger parking mode and the delay can be set as low as 10 seconds, which would be enough to trigger parking mode at most stop lights. This appears to be the same behavior as my CF-100, which will go into parking mode if the car doesn't move for longer than the delay time regardless of how much movement there is in the video.

KuoH

You're right it should only go to parking mode when you turn off the key, not just when you come to a stop. What make\model is it? Does it have that new tech where it stops the engine when you brake to a stop? Which circuits did you tap into for the hard wire? Should have been 3 wires. Are you certain that the one you tapped for acc actually stays hot 100% of the time the key is on?

Also what is your parking delay set to? I have mine at 3 minutes, but even while idling in a parking spot for 10 mins, it doesn't go into parking mode.

Hi there , I have the blacksys ch100 b dual channel dash cam . I updated the firmware of the device to ca15. I have use the app version and the latest software version to configure the settings but I still have the parking mode kicking in every time I stop . I have confirmed that my 3 wires are connected properly . The ground is grounded properly . The acc wire is connected to my 15amp window wiper fuse which i have tested that its only on when i turn the key to accessory mode. The power wire is connected to my dome light fuse which is on even when there is no key.

I have set the parking mode to delay to 30 sec.

Are you sure the CH-100B uses 3 wires for power? I thought it was the same as the CF-100, which is power and ground only. According to Niko's review, it uses the G sensor to trigger parking mode and the delay can be set as low as 10 seconds, which would be enough to trigger parking mode at most stop lights. This appears to be the same behavior as my CF-100, which will go into parking mode if the car doesn't move for longer than the delay time regardless of how much movement there is in the video.

KuoH

Hmmm G sensors? Should i turn it off or ? i did set my driving sensitivty to be low and my parking senstivity to middle instead of high.

it still switch from Parking to driving and vice versa when i read a junction :(

Are you sure the CH-100B uses 3 wires for power?

KuoH
Absolutely no doubt. I installed it myself. If you look at the barrel plug that goes into the side of the camera, you can plainly see three conductors - 2 on the outside plus the inner one.

Also, it shows text at the bottom of the video whether ACC is on or off, and the only way to know that is with a 3 wire connection: battery, acc, ground.

Hi there , I have the blacksys ch100 b dual channel dash cam . I updated the firmware of the device to ca15. I have use the app version and the latest software version to configure the settings but I still have the parking mode kicking in every time I stop . I have confirmed that my 3 wires are connected properly . The ground is grounded properly . The acc wire is connected to my 15amp window wiper fuse which i have tested that its only on when i turn the key to accessory mode. The power wire is connected to my dome light fuse which is on even when there is no key.

I have set the parking mode to delay to 30 sec.

Check under basic settings if you have "use external power" turned on?
The CH-100B is one of very few cameras that can switch into parking mode based on either G-sensor or ignition switched wire signal.
If you turn on use external power it will switch modes based on G-sensor

Check under basic settings if you have "use external power" turned on?
The CH-100B is one of very few cameras that can switch into parking mode based on either G-sensor or ignition switched wire signal.
If you turn on use external power it will switch modes based on G-sensor

Thanks for the tips!

I'm considering this model and the blackvue, but wanted to hear from users how easy it is to download videos via wifi with to your iphone or mac device?

One of the reviews I saw said that it would automatically be saved into your iTunes, but you cannot save it directly to your photos/videos folder of your phone?

I've had it for a year. I can tell you to get something else. It fails to start recording on any hot day until the interior of the car gets cooled down by the AC. It sometimes give me some sort of error alert while I'm driving, but it's in Korean and I can't tell what's wrong. I have to keep unplugging and plugging a few times or else it keeps repeating in Korean until I shut off my car.

Hi, anyone that has this dashcam knows how to set it to record it constantly for 3 or 5 mins? I have it installed but everytime it keeps to split the clips into "alwaysmovie" and "eventmovie". I just want to set it to constantly record . Appreciate any tips!

Hi, anyone that has this dashcam knows how to set it to record it constantly for 3 or 5 mins? I have it installed but everytime it keeps to split the clips into "alwaysmovie" and "eventmovie". I just want to set it to constantly record . Appreciate any tips!
Turn up the G sensor all the way and then never press the triangle button, and then you'll never have any event files.

"alwaysmovie" is the constant recording while driving, you can change the 3 or 5 minute recording interval in the settings. Did you hardwire your dashcam? I hardwired mine, and everytime I start the car, it automatically switches over to "driving mode," and that's when it will start always recording. Eventmovie is when you make a quick turn, or hit a hard bump that sets off the G Sensor, so you might have your G Sensor adjusted too sensitive which is why you're probably getting a lot of event clips, so you might want to change the sensitivity on that, or turn off the G Sensor to not have the event recording.

Back