Cold temperature anomolies

BlackRose67

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Blueskysea B1W
Since the temperatures here have started to drop, I've noticed my B1W has been triggering the "lock file" on its own.

A couple times when the temperature was around -5°C I'd hear "lock file" while sitting with the vehicle running but not moving just after starting it up.

This evening, with a temperature of -13°C, the camera did two back-to-back "lock file" while sitting at a traffic light with no movement at all, also shortly after starting it up.

Temperatures are within specs, but just like me, the camera doesn't like the cold

Thanks for the report and details clues and will ask my team to react to this problem in the lab.

I have also experienced this, got a "lock file" in - 5C this morning right after boot.

My team had 5pcs cameras tested for 2 hours within -20'c temperature condition in the lab, but not find this problem yet!
Anyway, thanks for your report, will keep eyes on it!

My team had 5pcs cameras tested for 2 hours within -20'c temperature condition in the lab, but not find this problem yet!
Anyway, thanks for your report, will keep eyes on it!

make sure they are powering on and off a few times not just running continuous, the camera will warm quickly if left running and might not show the problem as easily

Oh, he just placed cameras in the low-temperature test box for a few hours

When I tested the parking guard, I thought that maybe the g-sensor was more sensitive when cold. You need to shake the low-temperature test box during the test to find out if the sensitivity changes.

When I tested the parking guard, I thought that maybe the g-sensor was more sensitive when cold. You need to shake the low-temperature test box during the test to find out if the sensitivity changes.
It should be difficult to shake the heavy box during the test :)

62-8060.jpg

:unsure:

This is what I'm wondering as well.

I've been doing some more tests and observations on this with different firmware versions (FW version doesn't matter), wondering if it is simply more sensitive on an initial cold start-up.

I've had it trip simply by shifting the vehicle into drive or reverse on a couple of occasions.

It doesn't affect the operation of the camera other than adding files to the locked file partition.

they don't need to shake the box, just the camera, they have been doing cameras for Russia market for many years so should know how to test for cold situation, just let the engineer know that the G-Sensor is more sensitive when camera first powers on when cold, they will know how to test, they may need to reduce sensitivity or delay the G-Sensor function from working when the camera first starts, they will be able to fix this in firmware but first they need to understand the problem

Back