Collision sensitivity too sensitive in new firmare.

tegrzegorz

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Dash Cam
Viofo 139 pro
Hello. After updating the software to V1.2_240710, I noticed a problem with "Collision sensitivity". I always had it set to "medium", but after updating to the latest software, even a small bump in the road causes the recording to be secured. After changing to "low", unfortunately, there is no change. I reset the car recorder with the "R" button, re-uploaded the latest software, then restored the factory settings, and then made the appropriate settings. I set "Collision sensitivity" back to "medium". But it does nothing. The slightest bump in the road still causes the recording to be secured. Please check if you have problems with the "Collision sensitivity" option in the latest software V1.2_240710. I suspect that this is a bug in the latest software.

Hello there, I'm using v1.2_240710 for over a month now and it seems to be working fine. I'm 90% sure I have it set on medium (will check tomorrow to be sure), but without factory reset after the update - didn't see the need for it.

Hello. After updating the software to V1.2_240710, I noticed a problem with "Collision sensitivity". I always had it set to "medium", but after updating to the latest software, even a small bump in the road causes the recording to be secured. After changing to "low", unfortunately, there is no change. I reset the car recorder with the "R" button, re-uploaded the latest software, then restored the factory settings, and then made the appropriate settings. I set "Collision sensitivity" back to "medium". But it does nothing. The slightest bump in the road still causes the recording to be secured. Please check if you have problems with the "Collision sensitivity" option in the latest software V1.2_240710. I suspect that this is a bug in the latest software.
Yes I have found mine is way too sensitive and I have it set to low.

I have a A119 Mini 2 that has the same problem where the G-sensor is way too sensitive, even when set to low. In fact, this is my second unit and that one had the same issue but the camera was replaced by viofo because of a different issue. The new unit came with newer firmware that is not publicly available and at first I thought it had been fixed but it is just as bad and possibly even worse. The other day I made a slow left hand turn in a hospital parking lot while looking for a place to park and that was all it took to trigger the G-sensor and lock the footage. My older A119 V3s didn't have this issue at all.

At some point soon I will probably post about this with more detail and some footage over in the A119 Mini 2 sub-forum.

that's good and it's better than the other way around

Back