Commercial grade in-vehicle LPR camera

brentjac

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm new to DCT. We're looking for a camera for a commercial LPR system and have been scouring DCT and the web for a solutions to no avail. After reading through all the LPR articles in DCT there was nothing mentioned that really comes close.

Price is not a factor - our spec requirements are.. I'm hoping this isn't something we need to contract-manufacturer..

The camera needs to have excellent day and excellent low-light ability, ideally 4k (lower is also fine if there is optical zoom, if only 1080p I'm still interested..), and be USB CABLE connected. It also needs a solid SDK including the ability to stream images in real-time. Ideally it would have mounting accessories etc and have a reputation for quality. For an idea of the caliber we have in mind, the Axon Fleet 3 camera is in the right direction.

What it does NOT need is: a screen, WiFi, any buttons, it also does not need onboard LPR - we provide that. In short, we do NOT need most of the typical dashcam usability bells and whistles.

I realize this is a highly specialized inquiry and am enormously grateful for any ideas, or anything that comes close!

Back