Conecta OBD issues

SamJT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought the Cenecta OBD to power my cam after having forgotten to turn my dr900s 2 chan on a number of occasions and drained my car battery.
Issue I had over the few days with this is the dashcam has randomly turned itself off and when the car is stationary at traffic lights or in traffic jam the stop/start tech comes in and the cam turns off.
Also, when I do park up the car it's turning the cam off in very little time. I thought it would go for at least a few hours.
My battery is good.
Has anyone else had issues with this?
I'm now thinking of buying a Power Magic Pro

You can fast run into problems mixing brands, so there is a serious chance the camera can not get enough power from that thing you have gotten.
If we are talking parking mode, then heat can also cut that short in the daytime at least.

I would not personally use the OBD port to power anything.

I recently bought the Cenecta OBD ...
If you took this one: Conecta BlackVue Dash Cam OBD Power + Parking Mode Cable for Easy Hardwire Installation -
a lot of negative ratings and reviews, it looks like this device is of very low quality and in most cases does not work!
This is some kind of incomprehensible non-name fake

Yes, it will be much more correct to use [Power Magic EZ] OBD Kit for Dash Cam Parking Mode Installation

I recently bought the Cenecta OBD to power my cam after having forgotten to turn my dr900s 2 chan on a number of occasions and drained my car battery.
Issue I had over the few days with this is the dashcam has randomly turned itself off and when the car is stationary at traffic lights or in traffic jam the stop/start tech comes in and the cam turns off.
Also, when I do park up the car it's turning the cam off in very little time. I thought it would go for at least a few hours.
My battery is good.
Has anyone else had issues with this?
I'm now thinking of buying a Power Magic Pro
I've used the Conecta ODB to power by DR900s 2CH for about 18 months with no issues and then a couple of months ago I noticed the dashcam was no longer staying powered when I switched the ignition off and so not going into Parking Mode. I bought a new Conecta ODB thinking that was the issue but it did the same. I couldn't figure out why it would suddenly just stop working. In the end I ditched the Conecta ODB and bought a Blackvue battery to power it and it works fine again.

Back