Confused about parking mode

gazroo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am about to have a 322GW installed in a MY22 Captur.
I would prefer (I think?) to take advantage of the feature to detect bumps whilst the car is parked (and therefore the ignition off). However, I have to admit I am confused and concerned by the possibility of flattening the car battery and how this is affected by (A) the type of wiring kit used [hardwire or OBD] and (B) whether a permanent live fuse is used and (C) the way that parking mode is set on the dashcam and whether I need to keep remembering to change it depending on how long I am going to be parked up.

Phew! Sorry, I know I am being thick, but could someone please explain the permutations and relative risks to the car battery?

Thanks

Gary

Welcome to the forum gazzroo.

There usually is a low battery cut off, either in the hard wire kit you need to be able to do parking guard ( 5 volt USB input type cameras )
Or in the case of 12 V input cameras the cut off is often in the camera itself, these are then wired to a permanent on circuit.

You do not want to go below 12.2 volts in cut off, this is generally accepted as a 50 % depleted lead acid battery ( not meant for deep discharge this type of battery )

Also you of course need there to be some light at night where you park, CUZ you can not take good pictures / video if there is no light.

Back