Confused with proximity sensor

Ralph2

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900x-Plus in 2022 Palisade replaced the 650
Can someone explain the function(s) of the proximity center. Off/on make sense but what are the differences between manual and voice recording. I would like.. the recording is normally off but, toggles of and on by touching the proximity switch.D7B0E893-219E-405C-8D34-51359C8BFCD9.pngD7B0E893-219E-405C-8D34-51359C8BFCD9.png

Manual recording is when you want to save the current video as an "event" with a type of "manual". The audio on/off is to toggle the audio recording on or off.

Manual recording is when you want to save the current video as an "event" with a type of "manual". The audio on/off is to toggle the audio recording on or off.
Thanks, so will set it to voice recording.. but then ? Does it turn on by default when the Blackvue powers up, or is it off until turned on/off with the proximity probe. Unclear to me.

Thanks, so will set it to voice recording.. but then ? Does it turn on by default when the Blackvue powers up, or is it off until turned on/off with the proximity probe. Unclear to me.
The default audio recording mode is defined in the camera firmware settings. When the proximity sensor is configured to turn on/off the audio recording of the front camera, it acts like a simple on/off toggle switch but with the default of on/off being taken from the firmware settings at power up of the dashcam.

Back