Connect the dashcam to the phone directly without WiFi to view and download files.

viofo

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
A129 Pro / A129 Duo / A119 V3 / A119S / G1W-S / WR1/
The A229 Pro can connect directly to the iPhone 15 and the latest Android phone to view and download files.

1. It requires the use of the latest Android phone which has enough power output.
2. Only support iPhone 15, and need to use the latest firmware, will support in next version.
3. Some cables may not support video transfer.

Android1.jpg
iPhone 15.jpg

The A229 Pro can connect directly to the iPhone 15 and the latest Android phone to view and download files.

1. It requires the use of the latest Android phone which has enough power output.
2. Only support iPhone 15, and need to use the latest firmware, will support in next version.

View attachment 69100
View attachment 69101

This is a great solution to the many who want to grab files quickly from the dashcam.
The previous method I used was using an iphone mini sd card adapter which was hit and miss. A very common problem for Iphone users and DSLR camera users.

I guess this is a usb C to usb C cable that is being used.

Very nice innovation.
Does this mean you will replace the included USB-A to Type-C Data Cable with one that is Type-C to Type-C?
That would be more useful, because most people already have a USB-A to Type-C cable.
Will that increase production cost too much?

Also, can you give a demonstration how much faster it is by downloading a 1 minute clip from the front camera, (430 MB)?
I just checked on my iPhone SE 2020 using the 5GHz band, and it took 42 seconds to download a 1 minute clip, (430 MB).

Screenshot 2023-11-13 1.19.12 AM.png

Attachments

• 3 .jpg
    3 .jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 2 .png
    2 .png
    97.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 1 .png
    1 .png
    862.5 KB · Views: 6
Yes, it is a USB-C to USB-C cable.

For iPhone 15, saving files to the phone is very fast.
It looks like the phone is plugged into the rear camera port.
If that's correct would it be possible to use a Y cable (with a switch if necessary) so the rear camera always stays connected?
Doing it that way may reduce wear and tear on the usb port.

I can see other connectivity potential.

View attachment 69100
View attachment 69101

IMG_20231113_150203.jpg

I have been using this ever since.

As an alternative, I still use it on my old Android phone with a device that creates OTG.

You should know that when you connect to Android, an extra file is opened in the SD card. For this reason, before removing the secure connection, I recommend that you delete the excess files on the card.

@viofo

Very nice innovation.
Does this mean you will replace the included USB-A to Type-C Data Cable with one that is Type-C to Type-C?
That would be more useful, because most people already have a USB-A to Type-C cable.
Will that increase production cost too much?

Also, can you give a demonstration how much faster it is by downloading a 1 minute clip from the front camera, (430 MB)?
I just checked on my iPhone SE 2020 using the 5GHz band, and it took 42 seconds to download a 1 minute clip, (430 MB).

View attachment 69102
We are considering replacing USB-A to Type-C Data Cable with one that is Type-C to Type-C.

Copy the files to the iPhone 15, it seems very fast.

I tried to copy a 198MB files to the iPhone, it didn't show any progress, after less than 5 seconds, I found the file was already downloaded. :)

We are considering replacing USB-A to Type-C Data Cable with one that is Type-C to Type-C.

Copy the files to the iPhone 15, it seems very fast.

I tried to copy a 198MB files to the iPhone, it didn't show any progress, after less than 5 seconds, I found the file was already downloaded. :)
I also noticed that the rear camera input can also be used for data connection.

Maybe this is the idea, I previously suggested that the 3.5 jack input be selectable for optional microphone, AV output or IR camera use. Who knows, maybe it will happen in the future.

I also noticed that the rear camera input can also be used for data connection.
The rear camera input can also be used to connect power when flashing the DVR firmware outside the car. ;)

Oh, c’mon.
Can we get a video demo of this? Lol
I just checked how long a 1 minute video, (200 MB) takes to download on the WM1.
It took 1 minute 40 seconds. Lol

Attachments

• 2 .png
    2 .png
    100 KB · Views: 18
  • 1 .png
    1 .png
    670.7 KB · Views: 18
Oh, c’mon.
Can we get a video demo of this? Lol
I just checked how long a 1 minute video, (200 MB) takes to download on the WM1.
It took 1 minute 40 seconds. Lol
Yeah no way it was going to be USB 3.2 speeds lol, only USB 2.0 max haha

Hoping to see more manufacturers start including USB-C to USB-C cables for transfers.

Back