Connected / Disconnected Alerts. How do I stop these?

AdamHLG

Reaction score
Country
United States
I cannot get my Pixel to stop chiming every time my 750 connects and disconnects to my hotspot. I do not really understand why it is connecting and disconnecting to begin with, but I am willing to accept that it disconnects and then reconnects from time to time. However, when my phone is not muted, my phone chimes every time it disconnect and then reconnects even if I turn the sound notification setting for the App to off or turn off notifications all together. There is also no way to change the notification sound (for example to silent). This is very annoying any ideas?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The notification sound is the Default Notification setting of the phone.
You can choose a blank sound file but it will also disable this sound for all apps.

You can also disable the connect/disconnect notification in the dashcam cloud parameters.

Changing the Default Notification Sound is actually a good idea. Then I can choose what apps I want to make sound on a case by case basis.

You cannot disable the connect/disconnect notification in the dashcam cloud parameters as you can for the other push notification settings such as motion, event or parking notifications. The only next option would be to set "Enable Cloud Service" to off (which I did not try - as I fear it would disable live broadcast. I do have all the other push notifications set to off.

Back