Constantly recording in normal mode even when parked

JaseQ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue 650 2 CH
I have had the Blackvue 650 2Ch dashcam for a couple of days now and I'm using a 64GB card which was supplied with it.. It was professionally installed with the Power magic Pro. I have an annoying issue which I can't seem to sort out. Initially I was finding that almost every file even when driving was recording in parking mode which meant I was unable to use the GPS function. It would start normally but after 5 minutes I'd get the message that parking mode was enabled. I tried adjusting the sensitivity etc but to no avail. I eventually found in the settings the auto park switch feature which was enabled so I disabled that and I thought I had rectified it as the GPS light was on and when driving it seemed to be fine...however I now find that I'm stuck in normal mode even when I'm parked so the GPS light is constantly switched on and I am now struggling to find out how to sort this issue out. I'm pretty much at the end of my tether and I don't know what is wrong with it. All I want is for normal mode to be active when driving and for parking mode to be active when parked. Is it too much to ask??

Motion Sensitive does not work properly in Parking Mode - its WAY too sensitive even at a setting of 1. I have my Motion Sensitivity set at 0 (OFF) in parking mode and my G-Sensor set quite high so I am relying on the G-Sensor ONLY in Parking Mode. As soon as they do a firmware fix for this I will go back to relying on both Motion Sensitivity AND G-Sensor (good protection). You should have your settings to automatically go into parking mode when you are parked

Reactions: GRG
Thanks for your reply.
I think the G Sensor in the device isn't working and that is the reason that it is switching into parking mode after 5 minutes from when the engine starts because it does not recognize that the car is moving. The instructions do state that the device starts in normal mode when the ignition is switched on (which it does), and if no movement is picked up the device switches to parking mode (which it does). This along with the fact that in the Blackvue viewer when I playback the video in the G Sensor advanced settings it does not give me any G sensor readings at all so for me everything points to a faulty G Sensor in the unit. Clearly when I turned off the auto switch parking feature that would also explain why my files remained in normal mode even when I parked the car, because the device cannot recognize the car moving.
I have tried absolutely everything I can find to do and have been advised to do but to no avail.

From your reply, looks like you definitely have a faulty unit

I would confirm your settings are correct. Normal Record (checked on) and auto Switching to Parking Mode (checked on).

Settings all checked and everything as it should be so I reckon its a faulty unit

Motion Sensitive does not work properly in Parking Mode - its WAY too sensitive even at a setting of 1. I have my Motion Sensitivity set at 0 (OFF) in parking mode and my G-Sensor set quite high so I am relying on the G-Sensor ONLY in Parking Mode. As soon as they do a firmware fix for this I will go back to relying on both Motion Sensitivity AND G-Sensor (good protection). You should have your settings to automatically go into parking mode when you are parked

Thanks for posting this, as I was wondering about the motion sensitivity. When I checked today I found that the entire 16 GB card was filled with parking events. I park my car on the street in front of my house, and from viewing a few of the recordings it looks like all it took to set off the cam was the leaves in the trees blowing around, or my neighbour's lawn sprinkler going back and forth. I have dragged the motion detection sensitivity slider all the way to the left, which is the lowest sensitivity setting. I'll check back in a couple of days to see if it made a difference. Hopefully it will, but if not I may have to use the PMP to disable parking mode when I'm parked in front of the house.

I actually turn my unit off when sat outside my house but leave it recording whilst at work - you will find the setting of 1 makes little/no difference

You will find the setting of 1 makes little/no difference

After adjusting the motion sensitivity to its lowest setting and leaving the car parked in front of my house for a few days, I am pleased to report that I have zero parking events. In other words, I have no motion-activated parking events. I'm not sure if the motion sensitivity is now set very low or is completely off, as there is no number associated with the setting in the Mac version of BlackVue Viewer, just a slider that I dragged to the far left where it's labelled "less sensitive." Regardless, I'm happy!

So, your parking mode is effectively shut off, if in the couple of days in testing there was "no" movement to trigger it. Hardly worth having as a "feature" then isn't it

Mind as well turn off parking mode then since you don't need it.

Don't mind the bump. I got the unit yesterday. I am playing around wit the sensitive via the Cloud app as the camera records in N and P while parked in my garage. In P I can understand and the sensitivity adjustments should fix things. Not sure why there are N recordings while car is in the garage. Will continue to play with the settings and see. I will set to lowest motion sensitivity and mid/high shock sensitivity. Certainly parked on the street for say 5 hours I won't want 15 recording clips per hour!

Unless there has been a major fix on the parking mode feature consider the settings either "on" or "off". There was (is) no useful adjustment. As far as getting 15 recording clips per hour.. it will be more like 60 1 minute clips or if you have the 3 minute option 20 clips.

Back