Corrupted playback

Planky

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have the latest B1W app (1.8.7). My initial tests when I received my b1w dash cam showed no issue with playing back recordings. But now majority of the recorded videos only show corrupted video akin to the attached image, some play OK.

I have re-formatted the SD card (16gb sandisk, class 10) using guiformat.exe. Installing the card into the camera resulted in constant beeping and no recording until I used the built in format option in the camera menu, then the beeping stopped and recording started. I switched to a Samsung 64gb SD card to rule out the sandisk being the issue, but the same corrupted play back occurs.

I have installed firmware 'B1W Standard 20180528s Firmware' from https://www.blueskysea-inc.com/download/firmware_c0003. I will try B1W V20200707 Firmware next.

Viewing the files on PC show they are fine, they play back without any corruption/artifacts, which makes me think is an issue with my phone. My phone is an LG G8S ThinQ, running Android 9. I see on the store various people saying the app crashes and have other issues on LG phones, but I have not experienced this, nor can I see anyone with play back issues (in fact no reviews exist for my model phone).

Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• corruption.jpg
    corruption.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 8
If it playback well on a pc, it should be a problem with the APP or your phone!

Back