Couple of questions, no I'm not buzzing about this camera.

GRG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok positive questions get answers, that you can visibly read,

I have become judgemental after 4 weeks with a replacement camera.

The questions, thanks for any input in advance.
The sd card and the camera crashing I will wait to see if a 32gb card stops all the hassle.

1. When I stop the vehicle and turn the ignition off, it no longer announces parking mode enabled, it announces Blackvue is shutting down, I therefore assume it's not recording in parking mode. (I'm yet to check, I give in messing with it now).

2. Does the camera have any heat/sun issues, does it close down if it gets to hot?

3. BIG QUESTION FOR ME, I think this may be my main issue with the camera being so busy and crashing the card (64gb), the motion sensor for parking........does the sensitivity relate to any distance ??????
Example: my car faces the road, front and rear has a
Camera so which way around the car is facing doesn't matter, The car is appx 10 metres from the road but picks up cars and pedestrians ? Any help on that please.

Sorry to appear to be a moaner, this hasn't been simple, please consider I'm on the second camera.

I have installed the 32gb card this afternoon and parking mode announcement is back so that is longer an issue.
Just Qs 2 and 3 would be useful cheers

2. Does the camera have any heat/sun issues, does it close down if it gets to hot?

Mine definitely has no issue with heat/sun - worked faultlessly over past few weeks when cabin temperatures have been very high

3. BIG QUESTION FOR ME, I think this may be my main issue with the camera being so busy and crashing the card (64gb), the motion sensor for parking........does the sensitivity relate to any distance ??????
Camera so which way around the car is facing doesn't matter, The car is appx 10 metres from the road but picks up cars and pedestrians ? Any help on that please.

KNOWN ISSUE AND MAJOR PROBLEM in my opinion, in parking mode even if the motion sensor is set a 1 its still FAR too sensitive and a leaf floating by would set mine off. I now turn up the G Sensor in parking mode and turn the motion sensing off - worked well for past few months using this approach. I do hope we get an official firmware release to sort this major issue !

Cheers Andy,
Ok so it's not unknown for the motion sensor and gain on the mike to be to high.
I also assume no distance is advised for the motion sensor.
Got to be honest since my camera was replaced because of the speaker sounding like it was underwater, the sound on play back appears ok and not massively magnified touch wood.

I live on the south west coast(not that will matter) I wouldn't blame anything for shutting down because of the heat in cars of late just curious if it had a bugger me shut down temp !

Cheers

@GRG
1. to work in Parking mode must be connected to a source of continuous power, for example PowerMagicPro
2. motion sensor at blackvue too rough, but there is little change in the settings

Ok positive questions get answers, that you can visibly read,

I have become judgemental after 4 weeks with a replacement camera.

The questions, thanks for any input in advance.
The sd card and the camera crashing I will wait to see if a 32gb card stops all the hassle.

1. When I stop the vehicle and turn the ignition off, it no longer announces parking mode enabled, it announces Blackvue is shutting down, I therefore assume it's not recording in parking mode. (I'm yet to check, I give in messing with it now).

Sorry to appear to be a moaner, this hasn't been simple, please consider I'm on the second camera.

Hi GRG,

1. This suggests the system is losing power once key is removed -- hence checking the voltage to the camera or potential voltage drop is recommended.

2. Excess heat (above specs of 70'C) will not damage the hardware.

3. It is recommended you use the PITTASOFT brand of 64GB cards - this is not a generic term it is based on a LOT of testing with many brands of SD Cards. PITTASOFT cards are the most compatible.

Parking Mode recordings are activated on pixel movement, so yes pedestrians will trigger recording.

Reactions: GRG
Cheers, any recommended supplier for these cards please, or a link if possible.

Thanks again

I shall give them a call

The supplier I have used recommended the Delkin sd cards

Are they any good?

Hi there

Probably one of the only brands we have not tested, but I would just go for the Pittasoft card. Cheers

Reactions: GRG
Back