Cowon AW1 vs Panorama II vs Papago P3 vs Vico WF1 ( DAY )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
DISCLAIMER
Dashcameras participated in this side by side test were using firmware you see below.
NB! By the time you are reading this thread and watching video used here, developers of those dashcameras may have released a new improved firmwares.
Please refer to each developer sub-forum or website in order to see newer firmware release and their performance.

Top Left - Cowon AW1, FW: v2.8.0
Top Right - Panorama II, FW: v1.12.02
Bottom Left - Vicovation Vico WF1, FW: v1.51
Bottom Right - Papago P3, FW: 2012-0622-192350-3

Cowon AW1 Panorama II Papago P3 Vico WF1 ( 22 Feb Day Part 1)

Cowon AW1 Panorama II Papago P3 Vico WF1 ( 22 Feb Day Part 2 )

Each video clip overlap length

Cowon AW1 each video clip verlap is 0.466 sec
Papago P3 overlap is 0.00933 sec
Panorama 2 overlap set to 0 ( zero )
Vico WF1 overlap is 0 ( zero )

The biggest issue in Cowon AW1 is variable frame rate and "unusual" video clips overlap ( 0.466 sec )
When I am making final cut ( putting together ) many different video clips from one source, I am using a Registrator Viewer, - this is the best and quickest software out there to "glue" together multiple video clips from one dashcamera.
Till now Registrator Viewer was able to cope with ALL dashcam videos that had fixed frame-rate and had "common" 1 sec ( or 0 sec ) overlap option.

Due to Cowon AW1 has "unusual" overlap and variable frame-rate video recording, - Registrator Viewer can not cope with "gluing" together correctly multiple Cowon AW1 video clips the way they would correspond and could be used to synchronize with other dashcameras video clips.

The only way to synchronize Cowon AW1 video clips with other dashcameras video clips is via pain-stake manual process, which takes hours using AVS Video Editor to correctly synchronizevideo clip of Cowon AW1 vs other clips. I have to go "almost trough every" frame, to cut "unwanted" ones in order to keep up with synchronization, and so on. This is not any easy job and for sure not practical !

There was no audio codec issue with Cowon AW1 after putting together video clips in Registrator Viewer.

Individual videos of each tested device

Cowon AW1, FW: v2.8.0 ( 22 Feb Day Part 1 )

Cowon AW1, FW v2.8.0 ( 22 Feb Day Part 2 )

Panorama II, FW: v1.12.02 ( 21 Feb Day Part 1 )

Panorama II, FW: v1.12.02 ( 21 Feb Day Part 2 )

Vicovation Vico WF1, FW: v1.51 ( 22 Feb Day Part 1 )

Vicovation Vico WF1, FW: v1.51 ( 22 Feb Day Part 2 )

Papago P3, FW: 2012-0622-192350-3 ( 22 Feb Day Part 1 )

Papago P3, FW: 2012-0622-192350-3 ( 22 Feb Day Part 2 )

Download original / raw video files for all videos used in this test.

Technical and tag information about video and audio files from MediaInfo
Specs.jpg

Last edited:
Dammm Nico, do you have a wife / girlfriend or is she gone by now, or dont you know as you are buisy with dashcam testing all the time.

The AW1 seem a Little pale / undersaturated to me.

Some one need to sponsor this guy with some red bull and gasoline :D

Niko's car is a diesel :confused:

Dammm Nico, do you have a wife / girlfriend or is she gone by now, or dont you know as you are buisy with dashcam testing all the time.:D

My wife is also a girlfriend and boss, lover, good cook etc, she is all in one, she is everything to me. And she prefers if husband "plays with toys" at home than drinking in the pub :)

Some one need to sponsor this guy with some red bull and gasoline :D

Thanks. I will wait and hope for sponsorship support.
P.S. - I drive diesel car, so I am looking who could sponsor me with a diesel ;)

Back