CPL Filter Adjustment

possible as well, I asked my optometrist if they were all aligned in the same direction but even he wasn't sure

Try 2020mag for everything you could want to know about polarised sunglasses:

"Polarized lenses have two axes, one is the “absorption axis,” which should be aligned with the 180-degree meridian of the sunglasses so that it blocks the horizontally vibrating light reflected from horizontal surfaces, and the other is the “transmission axis,” which is at 90 degrees to the absorption axis, and which passes vertically vibrating polarized light in polarized sunglasses. "

https://www.2020mag.com/article/a-smart-approach-to-dispensing-polarized-lenses

I wasn't aware that pilots are banned from wearing polarised sunglasses, how come you can buy polarised Aviator glasses?!

some interesting stuff there, going to try polarised glasses next month when I renew my prescription
Well take one of your calibrated CPLs along to check that the polarisation of the glasses is within the correct 2% tolerance :D

I once had a old pair of glasses like this fitted with dark glass, best damn sunglasses i ever had ( and i went thru Ray Ban and Porsche design glasses like a SOB back then )

s-l1200.jpg

Pretty cool as no one have a pair of sun glasses like mine :) but even those i also lost in the end, and i cant even recall where or when as i was too fawked up back then.

best sunglasses I had were a pair of Oakley sunglasses that I removed the junk plastic lenses and had an optometrist fit glass lenses to, it made them heavier but the quality was way better than the plastic lenses they put in those things

I think it would be a good idea to change protective plastic pads to none transparent ones, we have seen a few issues with forgotten / overlooked pads from users.

I was one of those people.

I noticed when I had my two X2s on at my computer getting the time date synced up, one cpl blacked out the computer sitting level and the other had the camera sitting on its side to black it out. But both seem to view glare the same in the car.

I had taken mine off while I made different adjustments for camera mounting. Then I just popped it back on not noting or thinking it mattered which holding tab was on top or bottom.
Does it matter ?

I had taken mine off while I made different adjustments for camera mounting. Then I just popped it back on not noting or thinking it mattered which holding tab was on top or bottom.
Does it matter ?
No, but it’s recommended to place the large slit opening at the top to prevent any possible slip down.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D SGGCX2PRO & SGGCX2PRO+ 16
Back