CPL Filter in Australia and SD card question

Asher

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC V2
Hi people,
I just received my Street Guardian SG9665GC V2. I haven't installed it yet, still recovering from saying the model name out loud. I actually spent a few months reading countless forums and watching multiple video's trying to make up my mind on what dashcam to get and eventually came to to conclusion to go over my budget and get the SG9665GC. A large part of my reasoning was reading horror stories on some of the other brands customer support.

My first question is, why does it seem to hard to find somewhere in Australia that sells the CPL Filter (SGGCCPL) for this camera? Does anybody know where in Australia I can order one from? I found a few international retailers but they want more for postage than the cost of the filter!

Secondly, I have query about upgrading my SD card, as I want to upgrade to a 128GB card.
I decided not to go with the $10, Chinese, no name brand, eBay special on a 128GB. Instead I have found that I can buy a '128GB Samsung Evo Plus' for $21 or a '128GB Transcend Premium 400x' for $60. I'm a little confused about the large price difference for what seems to be essentially the same card from a different manufacturer. As they are both UHS-I/Class 10 cards.

Any recommendations and suggestion would be very much appreciated.

If you can't find a retail source for the CPL there are a few ideas in the DIY section you may find helpful.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/diy-projects.31/

Regarding the $21 price for a 128GB card that seems a bit on the low side to me (but I'm not familiar with the AU market). I'd be concerned about it's legitimacy.

filter is only on our website https://streetguardian.info/sggccpl-cpl-filter.html only reason it's not in dealers is the price we sell it for already doesn't cover the cost, it is overpriced due to where it is made, putting it out to dealers would only make it even more expensive, price is bad enough already

128GB Samsung card would be fake, best to keep away from that, Transcend are the preferred brand, buy from Amazon US (sold and shipped by Amazon) is probably the safest place to buy online to be sure of getting the genuine product

filter is only on our website

And fast shipping to ;) Ordered mine on the Friday night and had it installed on my GC the following Tuesday night.

Back