CPL filter

Blackstuff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue 750s 2CH
Hello all,

I get quite a bit of reflection on my footage from my windscreen so i'm looking to cut it down, possibly through the use of a filter. Looking on Blackvues (UK) website the CPL filter is £50 (or £90 for front and rear)!?! Are any of the fleabay alternatives worth looking at?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142982951350

The one you've linked to is the same one.
It's a company called Moovika in France that make them.

They are reasonable.
They do the job and you just slip on to the camera and leave it.

The build quality isn't the best - they appear to be made from a rough, bumpy plastic (maybe 3D printer) and the lense is glued in place, so you can see the overfill of glue around the lense.

Because it's on the camera the whole time, you'll never see it - so that won't be an issue as long as it does the job.

CPL filters are very good for blocking out reflections.
Whatever you decide to go for - make sure you get the correct version for the DR750S, because the DR900S has a different size lense so won't fit correctly.

See this post in the DR900S thread;
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/anti-glare-anti-reflective-coating-for-blackvue-900s.37654/

Based on @evad's note, I installed Viofo A119 CPL filter with Blackvue dr750s front camera. It's been about 5 days since installation; the filter stays in place and works well. A119 CPL filters are available widely for $15-$20.
Here is a video demo:

Excellent, thats exactly what i'm looking to get rid of! Unfortunately the cheapest i've found over here is £32/$42

Excellent, thats exactly what i'm looking to get rid of! Unfortunately the cheapest i've found over here is £32/$42
My bad. I assumed it must be around the same price everywhere.

@JeeYem, thank you for pointing me to the Viofo CPL for my DR750. I was able to purchase one through Amazon.ca earlier this morning and (quite surprisingly) it arrived when I arrived home this evening!

Jeez. That's a lot of bread.

Jeez. That's a lot of bread.

unfortunately they're hand made and cost a bomb, we used the Moovika filters on one of our models but they were way too cost prohibitive to use long term, went from being a $40 option to including them for free once we mass produced them, Blackvue are slow to respond

Would a filter help with the lights being washed out? Or is that something I can fix in the settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A CPL filter will help reduce overall glare and reflection. In turn this may or may not help with the lights appearing washed out.
You could try adjusting the brightness settings on the camera. That is really the only setting you can adjust that will affect it.
The brighter you set it, the more blended the overall picture appears because the lens is capturing more light and balancing it out.
Have a play around with the brightness first. Set the front camera to 1, 3 and 5 and see what difference that makes to your night driving.
Then pick the best of these and consider a CPL filter.
You could buy a really cheap one off ebay and tape it to the camera temporarily to see if it makes any difference. It it does, then look for one a proper one that fits your camera for long terms use.

Would a change to the brightness setting trigger a re-format of the SD card?

No.
Only changing the encoding type or time on the dashcam would force a format.

Last edited:
I just checked my settings, that video was on Brightness 3, setting 1 was way too dark and still showed the washed out edges of the light. Also this morning had sun reflections off the back of a bus so bright you could barely tell it was a bus, and that was at the setting still at 1. Think I'll try night mode later on Brightness 3, will the filter help with the sun reflections completely washing out the backs of large vehicles?

Last edited:
Back