CPL filter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone use a CPL FILTER on the rear camera? Is it same size as the front camera? My back suv window is tinted and wonder if it would be to dark, also would it align with marks on rear camera?if rear has marks , dashcam store has a slip on one that you can take off an on , maybe the way to go.
Thanks

I was using the CPL filter behind tinted glass and it produced a halo effect on the footage so I had to take it off. Much clearer now.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Yes that’s why I wanted the slip on one , cause if it’s to dark or halo effect it’s easy to take off.
Thanks

Yes that’s why I wanted the slip on one , cause if it’s to dark or halo effect it’s easy to take off.
Thanks
unless you have serious internal reflection issues (very few cars ever do) the CPL is not going to do anything positive behind a tinted rear window

Ok thanks
to give you some perspective, all of our cameras can use the same CPL on the rear as the one we supply for the front, we always suggest people try it on the rear before deciding if they actually need one for the rear camera, it would be less than 1 in 100 that come back to buy the extra CPL for the rear, they're rarely needed on the rear camera

...we always suggest people try it on the rear before deciding if they actually need one for the rear camera,...
I've played with a CPL in the rear with a number of cameras and, with a few exceptions, the most significant advantage is they will in some conditions remove glare from the windshield (windscreen) of the vehicle behind you making it easier to see what the occupants are doing (on phone, eating, etc.).

I've played with a CPL in the rear with a number of cameras and, with a few exceptions, the most significant advantage is they will in some conditions remove glare from the windshield (windscreen) of the vehicle behind you making it easier to see what the occupants are doing (on phone, eating, etc.).
Hey thanks

I use CPL on rear camera, but not for reflections in my own glass, though there are plenty as rear glass are almost flat and vertical, but in my case it is more reflections of sky in the windscreen of care behind me.

I know ! one should not bother with ability to look inside other peoples property / personal sphere, but what people in there do some times are mind blowing, and here i am disregarding a lot of things not directely regarded to traffic safety.

I use CPL on rear camera, but not for reflections in my own glass, though there are plenty as rear glass are almost flat and vertical, but in my case it is more reflections of sky in the windscreen of care behind me.

I know ! one should not bother with ability to look inside other peoples property / personal sphere, but what people in there do some times are mind blowing, and here i am disregarding a lot of things not directely regarded to traffic safety.
Ha right on

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ilovepurple159 U1000 12
Back