Crossing the 38th Parallel

Thats a lot of sky you got there my friend.

Where's the video? This is supposed to a sub-forum for members to post their own videos, not single screen shots.

A video of approaching and passing through the 38th parallel might be cool. :)

Last edited:
Yeah sort of the US version of the Roman " the rubicon have been crossed "
Though i do hope there is a return here, CUZ i just do dislike 1 way streets / things, and no army are matching on the Virginia state capitol, which i as a Dane cant recall just now and dont want to be google smart.

Yeah sort of the US version of the Roman " the rubicon have been crossed "
I remembered that it formed the border between North and South Korea, but I am struggling with its significance in North American history... even with the help of google...

I remembered that it formed the border between North and South Korea, but I am struggling with its significance in North American history... even with the help of google...

Due to its notoriety as the border between North and South Korea prior to the war on the Korean Peninsula it circles the world and thus has become noteworthy in the other nations it passes through.

Last edited:
Due to its notoriety as the border between North and South Korea prior to the war on the Korean Peninsula it circles the world and thus has become noteworthy in the other nations it passes through.

But which North American battle/massacre is Kamkar referring to?

But which North American battle/massacre is Kamkar referring to?

Kamkar never mentions a "North American Battle", or the word "massacre", nor does "North America" or the word "massacre" appear in the article he linked. Perhaps he's thinking of the Civil War? Why are you asking me? Ask @kamkar!

North and South Korea
Aaaa thats it.
Something about the 38 parralel was nagging me, but my memory goo just would not tell what.

I think we all have blood on our hands, at least a little, we Danes And the Americans had bad times in the 1860ties, Americans fighting them self and we Danes the damn Germans.
My memory goo do say there was action in Virginia during the civil war.
Some also claim you pretty much have to " give" blood to be free, meaning freedom dont come for free

But the war thing was just a metaphor or whatever its called in the sense that no army was allowed to cross that river in Italy and approach the capitol for fear of a revolutin i assume.
The first part of my sentence was there as crossing the Rubicon are also used to underline that there is no going back with something.

Aaaa thats it.
Something about the 38 parralel was nagging me, but my memory goo just would not tell what.

I think we all have blood on our hands, at least a little, we Danes And the Americans had bad times in the 1860ties, Americans fighting them self and we Danes the damn Germans.
My memory goo do say there was action in Virginia during the civil war.
Some also claim you pretty much have to " give" blood to be free, meaning freedom dont come for free

But the war thing was just a metaphor or whatever its called in the sense that no army was allowed to cross that river in Italy and approach the capitol for fear of a revolutin i assume.
The first part of my sentence was there as crossing the Rubicon are also used to underline that there is no going back with something.

As far as the Civil War is concerned, you might be thinking of the Mason-Dixon Line which has always been considered the cultural boundary between the North and the South (Dixie) in the U.S. It is at the 40th parallel.

Back