Dangerous driving = near miss (A139 Pro 2ch)

FatJoeLampshade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Viofo A139 Pro (front and rear) captures near miss.
Evening all. Just wanted to share this short clip captured on my A139 Pro. It's some nincompoop driving dangerously almost crashing into me.
As I side note, embarrasingly even though I have the A139 Pro and just bought my with the A229 pro, I don't have anything cabable of 4k resolution to watch the footage back on!:facepalm: So the best I can do is watch any footage from my dashcam in 1080p which seems like a waste lol. I am saving up for a 4k TV so hopefully will be able totake advantage of that soon.
However, I am so glad I found this Forum that informed me to ditch Nextbase for Viofo!!! I am very happy with the performance and reliability. And I'm sure I'll be happy with the quality when I get a new TV. Just the Starvis 2 sensors alone make a massive difference, even when watching in 1080p.

Hello Joe,
That type of driving occurs way too often.....even here in Oz.
The idiot drivers do not know the roundabout rules & really need to re-sit their driving tests......out on the road.

Glad you were far enough back to avoid the nutter.
:)

Hello Joe,
That type of driving occurs way too often.....even here in Oz.
The idiot drivers do not know the roundabout rules & really need to re-sit their driving tests......out on the road.

Glad you were far enough back to avoid the nutter.
:)
Hi Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I agree there are plenty who don't know the rules!

The cynic in me believes the absolute whopper in this video knew full well what he was doing, however. I was sorry I took evasive action as a nice new car on his insurance payout wouod have been nice ;)

I've had a crash like this like 15 years ago. They somehow made me thought it was my fault, mind bending.

The idiot drivers do not know the roundabout rules
In Denmark in many roundabouts they have even begun to paint the lanes too, in a attempt to get people to do the right thing. ( usually 4 road roundabouts )
In other cases, a #2 or #3 lane might be added on the outside of the roundabout for the people that want to exit the first possible time, but even this have i seen PPl mis and so take the roundabout to exit first time possible,,,,,, which is also okay but why not use the " detour " that you dont even have to use your brain to navigate.

In Denmark in many roundabouts they have even begun to paint the lanes too, in a attempt to get people to do the right thing. ( usually 4 road roundabouts )
In other cases, a #2 or #3 lane might be added on the outside of the roundabout for the people that want to exit the first possible time, but even this have i seen PPl mis and so take the roundabout to exit first time possible,,,,,, which is also okay but why not use the " detour " that you dont even have to use your brain to navigate.
Painting lanes is certainly a good idea. There are lots of roundabouta here that would benefit from repainting of the markings.
Mind you, we'd still have morons such as that shown in the video who decide the rules simply don't apply to them :/

That can be arranged, by filling out the police dashcam video upload form:

Mind you, we'd still have morons such as that shown in the video who decide the rules simply don't apply to them :/
You have his face, clear in 4K, the police wont have much trouble sending him on that driving course, at his expense.

Actually, I think he would just get a warning for that, unless he has already been reported by someone else, which seems quite likely given his behaviour, then it would be a training course.

Roundabout with a bypass, i suppose it make sense if a direction are especially popular.

R bypass.jpg

Back