Dash Cam for a Convertible

Tourist

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've checked out the buyers guide and read several "Which one should I buy" threads, but my situation seems unusual. As the topic says, I'm looking for the best dash cam to use with a soft-top convertible. I will wire it up cleanly, I don't want to mess with separate DVRs or GPS bits, and it'd preferably be less than $300. My favorite at the moment is the Lukas LK-900. I look forward to being persuaded otherwise.

Requirements:
1080p wide angle video, great day and night performance.
Easily removed/replaced from windshield if I park with top down (rare though)
Parking mode with a battery or fuse box connection
Reliable. I'd like to set it and forget it

Not necessary, but nice:
Great Audio - With the top down there's lots of wind noise
GPS
Multichannel

All opinions greatly appreciated!

Tourist said:
Hi All,

I've checked out the buyers guide and read several "Which one should I buy" threads, but my situation seems unusual. As the topic says, I'm looking for the best dash cam to use with a soft-top convertible. I will wire it up cleanly, I don't want to mess with separate DVRs or GPS bits, and it'd preferably be less than $300. My favorite at the moment is the Lukas LK-900. I look forward to being persuaded otherwise.

Requirements:
1080p wide angle video, great day and night performance.
Easily removed/replaced from windshield if I park with top down (rare though)
Parking mode with a battery or fuse box connection
Reliable. I'd like to set it and forget it

Not necessary, but nice:
Great Audio - With the top down there's lots of wind noise
GPS
Multichannel Wider the angle the worse the picture as everything looks further away so hard to read plates Some like the Blackvue have a mounting bracket that fixes to the windscreen but allows you to remove the body of the camera.
Noe will have audio good enough to overcome wind noise I reckon Most have parking mode if you buy the box that makes it work
Few have equal day and night performance

Most it pays to format the SD card about once a month to keep it reliable

All opinions greatly appreciated!

See Techmoan's video for his opinions of parking mode.

Also, be careful with wide angle lenses - you tend to lose all the clarity as you move away from the centre of the screen, They also make it seem like you are driving faster & keeping a huge distance from the vehicle in front.

Great link. I can see how these cameras are really only good for accidents while driving.

Not requiring parking made should allow for some less expensive alternative cameras as well.

So If I just wanted something with 1080p that was reliable and easy to remove from the vehicle, do you have another suggestion?

Thanks

Dod LS300W i use on my car is easy to remove , press the button e slide to side and done its out.

GT300W_Full_HD_1080P_Car_Dash_Camcorder_Video_Recorder_DVR_DOD_LS300W.jpg

The LK-7900 meets all your requirements except that it's difficult to remove.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Lukas L7900 has most crap mount i ever seen on a dash cam

no idea why such good dashcam use such crap mount they should expend more and did something more flexible and easy to remove
check how Dod´s and Vico Vations are easy to change mount

I wouldn't say it's crappy. It's sturdy and vibrations are nonexistent. If you don't plan to remove it often, it will serve its purpose.

Swordfish said:
I wouldn't say it's crappy. It's sturdy and vibrations are nonexistent. If you don't plan to remove it often, it will serve its purpose.

if you try remove sometimes it´s break.
seem a lot users doing a lot replaces duo mount broke. :mrgreen:

Back