dash cam for a semi truck

frankentrike

Reaction score
Country
United States
going to buy a cam for my semi.which is a decent product?have looked at several and seems that they all have good and bad.don't need motion det.,gps, or night vision.[mostly run in daylight.]any recommendations?the simple ones are super cheap and also usually super lousy quality .[get what you pay for.]pretty rough ride.[truck]am willing to pay upwards of 200.00 u.s. for a decent one.figured i'd come to the experts. help??? :?

I drive trucks. The $75 DVR 207 (NON GS) I have found here viewforum.php?f=18 has been rock solid with at least 600 hours (3 months usage) on it. Be aware of potential FM radio and GPS interference. It is decent during the day, ok in ambient light at night, poor in low to no light. It does not have $200 camera video quality, but daytime quality is more than enough to cover your ass in an event. Get it from estore009 on ebay. DON"T buy the one in Pilot/Flying J/Amazon even though they look the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF the DR32 has had all problems fixed like many report then I would say give it a go.
Mine's in the front screen of my bus all day - so running constantly for 4 hours at a time, 8 hours per day.
It's not missed a beat (aside from the crappy audio on early release models).

I'm currently awaiting techmoan's review of the mobius.
If it's as good as early claims then I'll be looking to buy at least 4 (2 for car & 2 for bus). early prices were comparable to DR32 but it looks to have come down significantly below.
It doesn't have LCD screen but that doesn't bother me since I can set up on my smartphone & once it's in position I'll not need to worry about viewing anything.

Back