Dash Cam Installers

SpankyMo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Can anyone in the UK recommend a mobile fitter for Dash Cams that covers East London/Essex?

I've bought a Thinkware F750 2CH and the hardwire kit and need someone professional to install it. I've seen some sellers offering a third party nationwide fitting service but they won't give me their details as I did not purchase from them (which I would of done if they sold the Thinkware).
I am also considering taking it to a Car Audio place for them to have a look but would rather have it fitted by someone with experience.

While I appreciate it may not be the hardest job in the world to install these I am not comfortable messing around in my cars fuse box.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers All

Spanky.

Just a quick update if anyone is interested.

I went to a place called Car Audio Centre in Ilford, Essex. They did a hardwire install on the Thinkware F750 in about 45 minutes and charged me £50, which I though was quite reasonable.
They good job and were really nice blokes, I couldn't recommend them more.

I went to a place called Car Audio Centre in Ilford, Essex. They did a hardwire install on the Thinkware F750 in about 45 minutes and charged me £50, which I though was quite reasonable.

50£ is fair price for installing 2ch dashcam and only 45min ? , - what car it is ?
In my car installing properly the way I want, to hide all cables, hardwiring, fitting, etc. - It takes me at least half a day :)

very reasonable

I know this is not what you are asking but it's so easy to DIY that you will feel foolish once you see how simple! Get an inexpensive test light and test the empty slots on your fuse block with the car turned off. If any light up, then there is your parking mode power. Next, turn on the ignition and run through them again and look for one that is only hot when the key is on and there is your acc port. I would spend any installer money on a power magic pro or something similar and also two fuse taps to match your car's panel. If you have no free slots, use the test light to find the circuits that already have fuses in them. Crimp the wires to the taps and just plug in!

I like to hide the wires in the trim panels and headliner and there are lot's of examples on this site. Check out the Where did you mount your camera thread for courage and inspiration.

I know this is not what you are asking but it's so easy to DIY that you will feel foolish once you see how simple! Get an inexpensive test light and test the empty slots on your fuse block with the car turned off. If any light up, then there is your parking mode power. Next, turn on the ignition and run through them again and look for one that is only hot when the key is on and there is your acc port. I would spend any installer money on a power magic pro or something similar and also two fuse taps to match your car's panel. If you have no free slots, use the test light to find the circuits that already have fuses in them. Crimp the wires to the taps and just plug in!

I like to hide the wires in the trim panels and headliner and there are lot's of examples on this site. Check out the Where did you mount your camera thread for courage and inspiration.

Maybe finding right fuses is not going to be a problem, however in many modern cars light tester is not recommended to use because it may cause an errors in car computer, - there need to use multimeter and proper installer knows in which car need to use simple tester and where to use multimeter.
The next "dangerous challenge" could be removing trim / panels. If not knowing where is the correct place to pull / lift trim, you may brake it and replacing for new one may cost many times more than installer cost. Of course its all depends on car make / model and individual person skills.

Reactions: map
Maybe finding right fuses is not going to be a problem, however in many modern cars light tester is not recommended to use because it may cause an errors in car computer, - there need to use multimeter and proper installer knows in which car need to use simple tester and where to use multimeter.
The next "dangerous challenge" could be removing trim / panels. If not knowing where is the correct place to pull / lift trim, you may brake it and replacing for new one may cost many times more than installer cost. Of course its all depends on car make / model and individual person skills.

Here is a nice detailed page to go further into Niko's point: http://www.bcae1.com/testlite.htm

Personally, I have had no trouble testing for a power source on empty circuits in the fuse panel on 2011 Audi and VW and 2015 Nissan. I think that is fairly safe. Now randomly poking around in a wiring loom to find power is a little more risky.

Back