Dash cam - just build one yourself! Raspberry Pi's $25 camer

Re: Dash cam - just build one yourself! Raspberry Pi's $25 c

Bam!

Great news for DIYer's. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, man, but with a lens like that you will obtain a $25 recording quality. No matter of Pi or Raspberry, Linux, or Ubuntu.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Yeah, man, but with a lens like that you will obtain a $25 recording quality. No matter of Pi or Raspberry, Linux, or Ubuntu.

enjoy,
Mtz

I noticed same thing, lens hole is so small that camera is usable only at daytime.

It's a start.

I fact is just wasting a great Raspberry Pi which can do more useful things for some poor video.
But if we can use a great CMOS, good in low light and some good software with a lot of settings which are made on users requests will be better than all cameras. I see it as separate DVR and the lens module must be connected with some flexible cables not that stupid ribbon cable.
But also we must not forget the Android TV sticks which can be found starting with $30 and is an finished product, waiting for the external camera. But even we can find that TV Stick with a webcam included.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• kimdecent b12.jpg
    kimdecent b12.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,173

I ordered a Raspberry Pi last week. I was thinking about using an USB Webcam with the Pi. Seems the video capture stuff is all available so a little programming and you could have a great 1080p, gps, wifi, etc... dash cam.

Answer said:
I ordered a Raspberry Pi last week. I was thinking about using an USB Webcam with the Pi. Seems the video capture stuff is all available so a little programming and you could have a great 1080p, gps, wifi, etc... dash cam.
Please keep us updated with your progress. I'm very interested in this.

Will do!

As soon as I receive it! It's on back order... :x

Back