Dash Cam not saving files properly

Andrew Crookes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

tried the net for an answer but struggling.

i have a cheapie dash cam £20-£30 ebay special. In fact is this one: http://tinyurl.com/gm6s3j9

i checked the dash cam footage to test the quality and tried to find the newest video but my window computer says the file is undetected or missing?! I have a good sized 32gb scandisk TF card but it only seems to have recorded around 15-20 videos up to my house. is it because when i turn the ignition off it corrupts the files being written onwards? Help and advice welcome.

Thanks

First up, most dashcams don't do well with SanDisk cards- try another top brand such as Kingston, PNY,Transcend, or Samsung. If there are menu settings for shut-down, select immediate on power-off. Third is to check the cam battery is holding a charge- it takes several seconds of power to save the last file properly. Don't scrimp on the SD cards; dashcams work them hard and only the really good ones are up to this usage.

This is a cheap cam and most of those either have problems such as yours, poor video quality, or bad batteries right out of the box. I'd spend neither much time or money trying to fix this one. You'll be much, much better off with a better cam.

Phil

dont waste your time and money with cheap cam. Get a better one.
Even if it can work now, it'll made you disappoint when you need it most. Many ppl like you when they have accident and check their camera and they found nothing. Dont remade their mistake.

Last edited:
Back