Dashcam 750 - factory reset

BarryD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a BlackVue 750 2 channel and I want to reset the unit to factory settings. Not pressing the format button on the end and then again but a proper factory reset. How do I do it

I went through this issue with Pittasoft support back in February 2023. They kept telling me that I could use the manual firmware update process (downloading firmware zip file and placing the zip file contents on a empty microSD card and then boot the dash camera with that microSD card installed).

That method does not reset the configuration settings for a BlackVue dash camera, nor is their any button press on the dash camera to reset to the factory settings.

The "solution" is to remove the microSD card from the powered down BlackVue dash camera, mount the micoSD card's file system on your computer and use the BlackVue program's "SD Card Viewer" to go into each configuration tab and click on the "Reset" button on each tab. After clicking on "Reset" on each settings tab, click on the "Save and close" button to save the changes to the copy of the settings saved on the microSD card. Exit the BlackVue program and dismount the microSD card from your computer. Reinstall the microSD card in the dash camera and boot up the dash camera. The updated (factory) settings on the microSD will be picked up by the dash camera.

I was trying to figure this out and I mention it in this post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dr970x-test-review-pp.48409/post-588997

Back