Dashcam Noob!

deltarikk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, my first post on this forum having been researching dash cams for a very long time....never had one before but feel like time is right to get one.

At the moment I've narrowed decision between A129 and the Street Guardian equivalent but leaning to the Viofo as I cant see what the differences are for paying twice as much?..apart from what I've read about SG having excellent support. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me out though please...

Apart from eBay sellers are there no other UK distributors? I looked on Viofo main site and it said Amazon was UK outlet but the A129 doesn't show up on the site? I had a reply from Viofo suggesting to buy direct which might be ok but would really prefer someone closer if I get problems requiring returns etc.
How does the unit deal with error reporting, say if the card fails/stops recording? This seems such an important thing to me and reading many other reviews many just flash an error message and it disappears which would more than likely be missed.

Thanks, I have to say the forum seems by far the best place for dashcam knowledge sharing and assistance, no doubt it will be of great use to me once I have one and set about installing it!:)

Cheers, Rich

Have you considered Amazon? I believe they sell in the UK, and have a great shipping and return policy.

If the card fails, it will start beeping and it will say so on the screen. You'll def hear it :) If the card fails, it has no place to report/save to other than beeping and using the screen.

I have A129's installed in both of our family vehicles, and they have been fantastic so far. I have used all of the models in my tagline so far, and this has been the best so far. It's great that you have done so much research.

Good luck in your quest!

Hi Rhody, thanks for your reply.

Yes I've looked on Amazon UK and they dont stock it which seems strange as they have the other S/V2 models? As you've commented on they're always easy to deal with on returns should the need arise. I've seen them on eBay but think they're all direct from China.....maybe someone on forum knows a UK stockist.

Thanks for confirm of error reporting and also your positive experience with the A129, good to hear!

Cheers

Hi Rich,

I got the same reply from Viofo with regards to availability in the UK.

Not really looked into returns process, but I ordered via Paypal as they cover worldwide returns postage of upto £15.

I actually received the dash cam today having ordered on 1st Aug. Haven't had time to play with it yet.

Sam

Hi Sam, thanks for that, never knew that about PP covering returns postage.

Thats also quick delivery!....take it you didn't have to pay any import tax?

Hi Sam, thanks for that, never knew that about PP covering returns postage.

Thats also quick delivery!....take it you didn't have to pay any import tax?

I was originally going to pay via credit card for the section 75 cover, but then remembered the Paypal free returns thing.

And no import tax as it was shipped from their UK warehouse.

That makes sense with 4 day delivery, didn't realise they had stock in UK...cheers Sam

Back