Dashcam orientation

anyforum

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hello,

Just bought this dashcam and realized that the original orientation for the cam is for LHD. Can i install the dashcam in inverted mode so that the lock video button is nearer to the driver side? My car is RHD. Or is there any option to flip the video from the app? I think I have read somewhere in this forum that the video will automatically detect the upside down orientation.

Thanks! will try once i back home. One more thing, i also ordered CPL filter, will this work with the camera flipped? i think the CPL filter have direction indicator pointing upward

Thanks! will try once i back home. One more thing, i also ordered CPL filter, will this work with the camera flipped? i think the CPL filter have direction indicator pointing upward
The direction indicator just indicates vertical, doesn't matter if it is up or down, and the filter will fit either way up anyway.

After fitting, if you rotate the camera barrel so that it is facing into the car to record the passengers then it will also auto-flip and carry on recording correctly.

Back