Dashcam to Phone

Kermit01

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just installed my 70mai Pro Plus+ with a hardware kit the camera is working fine, but when the Dashcam is connected to my Samsung S20+ it will only stay connected when the vehicle is running. I have tried a few different things without success. Any out there with any suggestions as to what is causing the problem.

Welcome to the forum Kermit01.

Yes in parking guard things like wifi is turned off to use less power, and of course also generate less internal heat which is important when parked on those nice summer days.
Even many smart cloud enabled systems with 4G connection, they too turn off the 4G radio to save on power, so at least when the car is parked and nothing happen you can not reach the camera on 4G, this can only be done when something have triggered the camera to wake up and record, then such systems most often send a notification to your phone.
And then you can reach the camera at least until it go back to sleep mode.

Some newer systems have a chip so you can actually access those cameras at any time via your phone and the dashcams 4G modem.

But your camera i dont think is a smart camera so it is simply out of reach in parking guard mode.

Have just installed my 70mai Pro Plus+ with a hardware kit the camera is working fine, but when the Dashcam is connected to my Samsung S20+ it will only stay connected when the vehicle is running. I have tried a few different things without success. Any out there with any suggestions as to what is causing the problem.
Thanks very much for you response. I can now stop trying different things.

If you take the camera into the house and connect it to a phone charger then you can turn the wifi on and access the files, if that is what you are trying to do...

Back