Dashcam trends at SEMA this year

Vortex Radar

Reaction score
Country
United States
At SEMA this year, there were a bunch of dashcam companies present, all showing off their latest and upcoming models. Here's a compilation of the most interesting stuff I found.

There were a couple trends that I noticed.

For example, Starvis 2 is becoming more widespread, but that's not surprising. There's also multiple companies getting into radar monitoring in parking mode the way Thinkware has been doing. Some of them have also been adding AI into the mix to better understand what's going on around your car to have a better idea when to save video clips and to filter out any unnecessary remote notifications via cloud alerts. Here's some more info about the radar and AI stuff:

Cloud is getting to be more common, as is the idea of integrating LTE into the dashcam so you're not reliant on an external WiFi hotspot.

Thanks for all your hard wok.

At SEMA this year, there were a bunch of dashcam companies present, all showing off their latest and upcoming models. Here's a compilation of the most interesting stuff I found.

There were a couple trends that I noticed.

For example, Starvis 2 is becoming more widespread, but that's not surprising. There's also multiple companies getting into radar monitoring in parking mode the way Thinkware has been doing. Some of them have also been adding AI into the mix to better understand what's going on around your car to have a better idea when to save video clips and to filter out any unnecessary remote notifications via cloud alerts. Here's some more info about the radar and AI stuff:

Cloud is getting to be more common, as is the idea of integrating LTE into the dashcam so you're not reliant on an external WiFi hotspot.
Great videos mate and also interesting to see vendors move certain components out (or have massive ventilation grilles) for heat dissipation. Will there be better heatsinks / thermal solutions i wonder, or have we really hit the ceiling in terms of what we can do for this issue

Back