Dashcam with full encryption

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
I was just looking for an iOS app for NT96655 devices and noticed this Erstek camera.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Sony-IMX-Sensor-Novatek-NT96655-Full_60246140298.html

It says it does full encryption - @jokiin is that even supported on this platform or is it likely they're just bunging in basic obfuscation?

At first glance it looks like a run of the mill action camera but with the Sony IMX322 and NT96655 - but if you look closely it's also got a DC 5V input with an unusual connector so it's definitely not a typical clone type device.

Have seen this one before although never looked at it (if it's actually ready I don't know), I'll keep an open mind but they do also say things like 175 degree lens, and super infrared night vision so they may just be getting carried away with the terminology used, password protecting access to the camera is possible but that's not my idea of encryption

The pictures are 3D renders not actual photos so it may not match the finished product, hard to say

I was just looking for an iOS app for NT96655 devices and noticed this Erstek camera.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Sony-IMX-Sensor-Novatek-NT96655-Full_60246140298.html

It says it does full encryption - @jokiin is that even supported on this platform or is it likely they're just bunging in basic obfuscation?

At first glance it looks like a run of the mill action camera but with the Sony IMX322 and NT96655 - but if you look closely it's also got a DC 5V input with an unusual connector so it's definitely not a typical clone type device.

That appears to be a standard DIN connector -8 pin

DIN.png DIN2.png

Last edited:
The pictures are 3D renders not actual photos so it may not match the finished product, hard to say
I also noticed that the camera has one HDMI out and one card slot on each side of the camera. :D

full encryption for what? lol these buzz words...

Back