Dashcams advertising. Strange, agressive, false

Mtz

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro TeleQuad
Strange:
English is not my native language but I don't understand how to brain connect: a pretty woman with an accident and her heart.

Agressive, strange:
That seems a normal camera to me and I am not sure about its "Super Night mode". Thread.

Also is strange for me to buy a Blu-Ray writer (you need also a Blu-Ray player and PC software), some printable discs (you need some special printer) and a... DVD? All these with a dashcam? Maybe the buyer of the dashcam is making some Blu-Ray movies about his driving home? And why to buy a camera just to have some access to a forum? You can't go there alone and read?

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• woman heart.jpg
    woman heart.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 465
  • super night mode.jpg
    super night mode.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 326
Last edited by a moderator:
not sure what the thinking is with these, I don't think it helps their credibility though

Capture woman's hear at the time of accident...sounds more like some Tarantino movie scene :?

Haha! Good one with the woman... :) Totally bizarre. I mean I understand the "sex sells" advertising, you see it everywhere. This sounds like they tried to add a woman to the picture and then had no idea what to say about it. They should just have written nothing. But this is very typical "asian english" advertising ... badly translated phrases. There's many, many, many asian products, which have weird english sentences printed on the generic product ... like "For your enjoy!" or bizarre stuff like "Joy, Happyness, Energy" printed on a camera etc..... they seem to just want to add any kind of positive adjectives to their products, no matter what... funny.

The bizarre statements are often because of direct translations gone wrong where the context goes missing, it does lead to some questionable statements at times

Actually the DVR market has opened-up with many brands and manufacturer each going for more market share. The car DVR gadgets were traditionally male dominated and it would only be a matter of time when more manufacturer reach out targeting to the fairer sex. That advertisement may not be exactly wrong.

Mitch said:
Actually the DVR market has opened-up with many brands and manufacturer each going for more market share. The car DVR gadgets were traditionally male dominated and it would only be a matter of time when more manufacturer reach out targeting to the fairer sex. That advertisement may not be exactly wrong.

I would assume their angle is that their cam is somehow fashionable, woman are fashion conscience sure but not so much when it comes to car accessories I would think, dashcams are still very much a niche market outside of Korea and Russia though

This is not my personal thread.
When you will find bad advertising please report. People which don't know too much about dashcams can learn from here.

This is not so much about advertising, can be the real deal, but look and understand that (too much) wide angle is not better:

In that video I still believe the comparison is not correct because using an old Flexmedia firmware. I believe v747W is better than TF2 in night mode even if in that video the TF2 looks better for many people.

enjoy,
Mtz

Not sure how it is related to strange ads? :) But: People might find the TF10 better because of the richer colors in this movie. The V747W looks grayish. But the details are MUCH better on the V747W, as well as far, far better overexpositionhandling on lights.

Mtz said:
This is not so much about advertising, can be the real deal, but look and understand that (too much) wide angle is not better:
Is not about strange ads, but about to the race for the widest lens. I think more than 110 degrees is just bad. So why some cheap bad chinese cameras are advertising so much for some stupid values like 177 degrees lens? First, that is false advertising because their cheap cameras don't have 177 degrees lens. Second, is bad to have such wide lens because the characters from the registration plates will be smaller. Look at my previous post and try to read from the Flexmedia video. Again, that comparison is not correct, Flexmedia is better than in that comparison.
That comparison was presented just to make people understand that wide angle is not better.

enjoy,
Mtz

Many people don't like the Papago form factor.
But the desperate chinese cloned it and some of the trying to sell the clone closer to $200:

In the first picture they used the original Papago picture and then their fake camera.
On Aliexpress you will find the same P1W camera sold for about $75-$190, but on geekbuying is sold for $55 with free shipping.

And now about the cameras with display: if you are buying a camera with display why to hide it behind the rearview mirror?

How to watch the display?

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• papago.jpg
    papago.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 122
  • papago hide.jpg
    papago hide.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 122
Another strange ad for the MPGIO The View. Use your dash cam to catch people who are dropping cigarette butts our their window.

2_27.jpg

Stupid commercials I think it was made by somebody who isn't an english native speaker like I am.

But it sounds like a commercial from David Cronenbergs movie Crash :?

DashCamMan said:
Another strange ad for the MPGIO The View. Use your dash cam to catch people who are dropping cigarette butts our their window.
... and uploading to YouTube a video which will make them scratching their head asking "why nobody is watching my video?".

enjoy,
Mtz

Here's another DVR targeted to female and for hello kitty fans. ;)

a100h_01_thumb.jpg

a100h_03_thumb.jpg

Ha-ha, the kitty cam have its place here.
Here is more about advertising, not looking.

enjoy,
Mtz

Why not ... for Japanese Girls, it seems being "cute" (Kawaii ^^) is the most important thing these days... so this fits.

The company have the correct name.

But the surprise is the Feedback. Full of 5 stars and just one complaining about some problems.
People are not educated when is about video quality because I am not so sure how good can be a recorder with GPS, display and 1080p for $35 including shipping. jokiin is making a camera in this form factor and maybe he knows more.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• chuang-****-ong.jpg
    chuang-****-ong.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 79
Mtz said:
The company have the correct name.

But the surprise is the Feedback. Full of 5 stars and just one complaining about some problems.
People are not educated when is about video quality because I am not so sure how good can be a recorder with GPS, display and 1080p for $35 including shipping. jokiin is making a camera in this form factor and maybe he knows more.

enjoy,
Mtz

M-JPG video, have never seen this give good results, there's some cheap solution they use for this but I'm not sure what it is, the cost is about half what they're selling it for, it's very cheap and I guess you only get what you pay for

Back