Daylight Savings Time - Does it work on SP and 250HD?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Daylight savings time doesn't work on the HD model... does it work on your SP or 250HD model?

Looking into this, the setup.bin saves the timezone choice in a hex value from 00 to 5A (literally in order) in offset 03. The question is, how does the program then pull this data to calculate the correct timezone?

Appro_avi_save looks like it has code that loads up the setup.bin file, pulls time from GPS, and then performs some calculations. The system clock is never right (as the 'date' outputs the start of posix time, 1 January 1970).

This sucks, because it's unlikely that I'll be able to fix DST on the Itronics units.

dashingthrusnow said:
Looking into this, the setup.bin saves the timezone choice in a hex value from 00 to 5A (literally in order) in offset 03. The question is, how does the program then pull this data to calculate the correct timezone?

Appro_avi_save looks like it has code that loads up the setup.bin file, pulls time from GPS, and then performs some calculations. The system clock is never right (as the 'date' outputs the start of posix time, 1 January 1970).

This sucks, because it's unlikely that I'll be able to fix DST on the Itronics units.

for what it's worth (and I'm not sure if it's something you can fix) the timezone offset detail is carried in the GPS info, we used to do the same, manually configure the timezone but have the time set by GPS, our new firmware now has auto timezone setting now, makes things much easier

jokiin said:
for what it's worth (and I'm not sure if it's something you can fix) the timezone offset detail is carried in the GPS info, we used to do the same, manually configure the timezone but have the time set by GPS, our new firmware now has auto timezone setting now, makes things much easier

That's definitely a better solution. I'm not going to be able to solve this without the source code... Sucks.

Jokiin - what camera do you make and sell?

dashingthrusnow said:
jokiin said:

That's definitely a better solution. I'm not going to be able to solve this without the source code... Sucks.

Jokiin - what camera do you make and sell?

the one I was referring to is GS1000 type (well it looks like a GS1000 but it's different internally to the ones you'd normally call a GS1000), we are doing new models now though and the functionality that we have in this model now will be our default standard plus we have some other changes ahead that we'll be able to do as well

Please let me know when you release it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

dashingthrusnow said:
Please let me know when you release it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I'm in the middle of making some decisions about tooling at the moment, a bit torn to tell you the truth, it's very hard (impossible) to come up with a one size fits all solution but trying to at least check the most amount of boxes we can, spending a lot of money for the tooling and trying not to make mistakes or oversights is a challenge to say the least

I'll be sure to make some noise about once done though :)

Back