Dazzne P2 Plus

TeriTerryTarry

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Several action cams
Has anyone had a problem with video "blackout" with the Dazzne P2 Plus? I noticed when recording a number of videos that a frame will have some areas blacked out as shown in the following two clips.

In this first video you'll see it at 0:19 and 0:21.

In this second video you'll see it at 3:42 and 8:06.

Sorry I can't post frame captures. It's very clear when you capture it at exactly the moment it happens. Pavle noticed the same problem when he reviewed the SJCam M10+. http://pevly.com/sjcam-m10-plus-review/

The second clip also presents another question. It was recorded in 720p 120fps. However, the frame rate shown by Windows Media Player and MPC-HC is 30 fps. The actual recording time was about 3:08 but as you can see it shows up as 11:45. That's a multiple of 3.75. I don't understand this multiple. 120fps/30fps=4, not 3.75. Does anyone else's Dazzne P2 Plus do this? When playing back 120fps videos is it common for media players to indicate 30 fps then multiply it by 3.75 (or 4) and show the multiplied time instead of the actual recording time? Oddly the video plays back in actual recorded time when fast-forwarded at 16X, not 4X, on MPC-HC. I can't play it back in actual recorded time on Windows Media Player.

Last edited:
the frame rate will have something to do with what's in the header info to tell the player how to handle it, so that you can watch it at normal speed, I don't know the exact settings used but that's the rough description of what's going on, @Mtz might know the detail on how they do this, he's really good at anything related to encoding

the frame rate will have something to do with what's in the header info to tell the player how to handle it, so that you can watch it at normal speed, I don't know the exact settings used but that's the rough description of what's going on, @Mtz might know the detail on how they do this, he's really good at anything related to encoding
Okay, thanks jokiin :)

I just realized a couple of things with respect to the video blackouts. The problematic SJCam M10+ that Pavle tested (actually two of them) and the Dazzne P2 Plus have the same combination of image sensor and processor: the Omnivision OV4689 and Novatek 96660 respectively. Furthermore, when I check the Properties>Details for any Dazzne photo the camera maker is SJCam.

This makes one wonder. Is the blackout problem due to the particular sensor-processor combination? Might the same third party be responsible for assembling or programming both the M10+ and the P2 Plus and be part of the problem?

the same 96660 + OV4689 combo is used in other products in the market that don't have this issue, if the same developer does both of these products though they would more likely suffer the same issues

I just realized a couple of things with respect to the video blackouts. The problematic SJCam M10+ that Pavle tested (actually two of them) and the Dazzne P2 Plus have the same combination of image sensor and processor: the Omnivision OV4689 and Novatek 96660 respectively. Furthermore, when I check the Properties>Details for any Dazzne photo the camera maker is SJCam.

This makes one wonder. Is the blackout problem due to the particular sensor-processor combination? Might the same third party be responsible for assembling or programming both the M10+ and the P2 Plus and be part of the problem?
It is firmware problem, SJCAM solved this in recently firmware, we solved this last year before released.
Dazzne P2 product is from same developer as SJcam, they are so stupid if they didn't change the photo properties. It is same third party for develop firmware, but not for assembling.
But they don't sell well as SJcam, so not so care much about the firmware.

the same 96660 + OV4689 combo is used in other products in the market that don't have this issue, if the same developer does both of these products though they would more likely suffer the same issues
Thanks jokiin. I figured there must be other products out there with the same combination and if they don't have the same problem, then it mustn't be the hardware combo that's causing the grief. :)

Last edited:
It is firmware problem, SJCAM solved this in recently firmware, we solved this last year before released.
Dazzne P2 product is from same developer as SJcam, they are so stupid if they didn't change the photo properties. It is same third party for develop firmware, but not for assembling.
But they don't sell well as SJcam, so not so care much about the firmware.
Thanks very much. The information about developers is very interesting. I agree that failing to change the photo properties is so stupid! o_O

Back