DDPAI MINI 2 Collision Footage -- Saved me at-fault accident determination and red light citation

Leo_SF

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently had a collision where I was injured and my car was totaled. I hit my left ear/head very hard against the trim/door of my car before the side airbags finally deployed. I walked away with a concussion, some aches/pains/bruises, and other issues. My car was totaled due to extensive damage to rear driver side door, front door, and bumper. The other driver claimed he had a green light. The other driver was in his 50s. I am in my 30s. I have sworn law enforcement training (EVOC) and experience. Despite no witnesses or video, the police officer felt it necessary to issue me a court summons for running a red light. While still on scene and not fully there due to concussion, I was able to request the officer's email and then using WIFI feature I downloaded a short 8-9 sec clip and emailed it to the officer when he had already left scene (and refused to return). The citation was voided and I was put as party not at fault in the report because of this footage.

For the purpose this camera serves, it is excellent. I can't remember if it was (Chinese DDPAI dashcam distributor) who turned me on this camera for review purposes. But thank you.

Thanks Fabio. After checking my emails, you were the one who turned me on it. I have strongly recommended my friends Mini 2 and 3. It's so simple, compact, and dependable. I tip my hat to you sir.

I love the way people spend hundreds more and buy Blackview and Thinkware .

Pleased to hear all turned out ok in the end, Leo_SF. I hope you're recovering well from your injury.
These situations just go to show how easily an injustice can occur if we were without dashcams.
Had a situation a couple of years ago where some less than desirable people tried to claim I had crashed in to their car, presumably to get a free repair. These people even went as far as to produce a fake witness. My $80aud mini0805p cheapie, that I was running at the time, sure as hell paid for itself many times over. I did a post on here about it.
I used my win as an excuse to upgrade to a couple of Ddpai Mini3's.

Pleased to hear all turned out ok in the end, Leo_SF. I hope you're recovering well from your injury.
These situations just go to show how easily an injustice can occur if we were without dashcams.
Had a situation a couple of years ago where some less than desirable people tried to claim I had crashed in to their car, presumably to get a free repair. These people even went as far as to produce a fake witness. My $80aud mini0805p cheapie, that I was running at the time, sure as hell paid for itself many times over. I did a post on here about it.
I used my win as an excuse to upgrade to a couple of Ddpai Mini3's.

I had similar thing happen to me 7 years ago two blocks from where I live. I was going straight
(slightly got into another lane to get around a double parked vehicle in right lane/bus area shoulder. Some young girl was waiting to make a left facing me from the opposite direction and then did. We ended up colliding despite my evasive attempt.

It was similar to this situation except I turned to my left to avoid her. I contended she failed to yield. Some guy came out of the woodwork and said he saw it and said she failed to yield. I took his info and gave it to my insurance company. Turned out he changed his story and said I was going straight from a left turn lane. I was maybe 1/4 of the way in. When the girl gave me her insurance, it was a two long pages of info and listed an at fault injury accident.

My insurance did not back me and found me at fault because of this "witness". Soon after I got my first dashcam. In that time I almost had 2 head on collisions down this same stretch of road going the other way at night. It was caught on my other dashcam at the time. So I am definitely glad I looked into dashcams. I have recommended mini 2 and 3 to multiple friends and coworkers.

Interesting situation and a shame the insurance company seemed to exert little effort to investigate. In my case, I was actually concerned that my insurance company may still pay out instead of fighting it, based on cost difference. I decided to not involve them and fought it myself. Part of my job is dealing with claims so I was happy to spend as much time a required on it, on a morale basis.

Interesting situation and a shame the insurance company seemed to exert little effort to investigate. In my case, I was actually concerned that my insurance company may still pay out instead of fighting it, based on cost difference. I decided to not involve them and fought it myself. Part of my job is dealing with claims so I was happy to spend as much time a required on it, on a morale basis.

I completely understand. My insurance company is nearly worthless in pursuing claims. When my father got rear ended, they refused to go after the other party. They conceded he wasn't at fault but they felt it wasn't cost effective to fight it.

Back