DDPAI N5 Dual - Radar Module Mounting and Sensitivity Problems

Cristian97

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello dashcam enthusiasts!

I recently purchased the DDPAI N5 Dual with the radar module, and I’m facing some challenges with mounting it. After numerous tests, I’m still unsure how to achieve the best setup (I drive a Clio E-Tech Engineered, if that helps).

• The first challenge is the radar module placement. No matter where I try to mount it on the windscreen, there is always some obstacle, like the rearview mirror, headrests, or seats. I want to make sure the radar has a clear line of sight, but every spot seems to have a compromise.
  • The second issue I’m encountering is with the radar's sensitivity. Even on the lowest setting, it constantly activates when I park on the street. While the added protection is great, it seems like the camera is on all the time, which isn’t ideal. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m wondering if there’s a better mounting position or a setting adjustment to avoid unnecessary triggers.
For those of you who have installed this camera or something similar, how did you solve these issues? Do you have any suggestions or ideas on how to mount the radar effectively, without obstacles and also optimizing cable management?

I’d really appreciate hearing your suggestions or experiences! Thanks in advance for your help!

Back