Decisions Decisions...help with 2 camera setup

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I have 1 mobius with a lens extension. I broke my lens cable and need to order a new lens - A $30 error.

I want a camera for my front and back.

What do you guys think?

Since I already need a new lens, I was going to order up the lens with a second mobius. 1 for the front, and one for the back.

-or-

should I try another setup? A different cam for the front with a mobius in the back (with a new lens I am ordering). Or, the mobius in the front and a different in the back.

I also would love to take advantage of a wifi card if possible. I tried the PQI Air with my mobius and it does not seem to work. Is there any good cams that use a SD card?

thanks

It depends on what you're willing to spend. There are some great dual-cam setups available, like the Vico Marcus 5 from VicoVation (eBay link: http://goo.gl/8YgVIM). It offers high quality 1080p video for both the front and rear camera. If you're not interested in dashcams in this price range, you should skip the cheap chinese dual-cam ones. These dashcams may look like a good deal, they produce sub par video quality because the chips in these cams are usually not designed to handle two video streams at the same time. The result is footage at very low (4-6 Mbps) bitrate.
In my opinion you're best off buying a new lens for the Mobius, as this is most cost effective since you already have a working Mobius (minus the lens).
And as a rear-facing cam, I always say; try to keep it as small as possible. A Mobius would do the job, but the Mini 0801 or Mini 0803 would still leave a smaller footprint on your rear-view window. The last thing you want is to create a blind spot.

Unfortunately I can't help you with wifi-capabilities, as I don't have experience with that.

It depends on what you're willing to spend. There are some great dual-cam setups available, like the Vico Marcus 5 from VicoVation (eBay link: http://goo.gl/8YgVIM). It offers high quality 1080p video for both the front and rear camera. If you're not interested in dashcams in this price range, you should skip the cheap chinese dual-cam ones. These dashcams may look like a good deal, they produce sub par video quality because the chips in these cams are usually not designed to handle two video streams at the same time. The result is footage at very low (4-6 Mbps) bitrate.
In my opinion you're best off buying a new lens for the Mobius, as this is most cost effective since you already have a working Mobius (minus the lens).
And as a rear-facing cam, I always say; try to keep it as small as possible. A Mobius would do the job, but the Mini 0801 or Mini 0803 would still leave a smaller footprint on your rear-view window. The last thing you want is to create a blind spot.

Unfortunately I can't help you with wifi-capabilities, as I don't have experience with that.

$350 is almost work it at the end of the day but maybe not ready for that jump yet.

For my mobius, I will be using a lens extension and putting just the lens in the window as I did with the front (just not rip the cable this time I hope).
Footprint wise, it should be quite good.

I think im sold on just going with 2 mobius for now

Thanks for your input

$350 is almost work it at the end of the day but maybe not ready for that jump yet.

For my mobius, I will be using a lens extension and putting just the lens in the window as I did with the front (just not rip the cable this time I hope).
Footprint wise, it should be quite good.

I think im sold on just going with 2 mobius for now

Thanks for your input
No problem! I totally forgot the extended lens option... That's even better than a Mini 0801/0803! I'm pretty sure that will work out well, it's one of the most stealth mounting options available.

Back