Defective Battery

liveinxs

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius ActionCam, Front, Rear and both Sides
i previously posted a question about my Mobius not starting up, in the morning, when i first started the vehicle, even though its set to auto record, i was thinking it was me resetting the cam, which finally caused it to start, but now i am starting to think, it could be a defective battery...

so today, i ordered a Capacitor, i figured if that is the problem, hell i wanted to replace the battery with the Capacitor anyway, so i kill two birds with one stone...

so i was wondering, if anyone else might have encountered a defective battery in a brand new Mobius...

Doubt it's the battery. Did you charge it for two hours to full before using?

I prefer the battery over super caps, ore versatility.

I honestly thought about including in the post, that i fully charged the battery, but figured people, would just assume that i did, i was wrong...

Yes i did charged the battery, not for two hours, but until the green light went off, with is per instructions. ..

And for me, the Capacitor, is more appealing, as the cam will always be used in the role of a dashcam...

The nice thing about the Mobius is that it is so easy to install a super-capacitor or a battery; basically two screws and a plug-in. For this reason and the low cost it's easy to have a good working battery handy if you ever want to use the camera outside a vehicle.

The nice thing about the Mobius is that it is so easy to install a super-capacitor or a battery; basically two screws and a plug-in. For this reason and the low cost it's easy to have a good working battery handy if you ever want to use the camera outside a vehicle.
very true,..easy to switch out the power source..

very true,..easy to switch out the power source..

Of course, you can do what I do and have multiple Mobius cams, each set up differently, with and without a super cap and with A & B lenses for different uses. :D One or more lives in my vehicle at all times and the other is a pocket cam/wildlife cam and occasional home/property security cam.

Back